No announcement yet.

Top Rank is talking about a Brandon Rios-Mike Alvarado fight for the fall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HUGEBOXINGFAN View Post
    as a headline HBO main event? or on a ppv undercard?
    Better not be a PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
      So I guess katsidis/alvarado for the JCC jr/Martinez undercard is a no go then. Rios alvarado is alot better anyways kats face wouldnt hold up.
      I guess not which is not bad. That would've been a one sided beatdown IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
        Mike looks very rudimentary when throws his punches. And Rios keeps his punches a little bit straighter. Its close.
        Oh, I was referring to a more all around technique. I believe Alvarado has better movement when coming forward and when trading/engaging. He also jabs, unlike Rios.

Comment

Good fight but doubt it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
            You think Rios has better technique?????? And I don't think Rios is a one punch KO guy. He's someone who wears you down for the KO. And that was vs smaller guys so we dunno how it's gonna go down at 140.
            Smaller guys, but Rios was known to drain himself to the point where it makes you wonder how much of him was even competing.

Like Ortiz, 140 will actually do Rios a lot of good. he'll be fresher and stronger. People seem to forget this.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
              Steve Kim ‏@stevemaxboxing
              BTW, Arum says Top Rank is talking about a Brandon Rios-Mike Alvarado fight for the fall... #boxing

as of right now TR is giving us better fights then GBP

Comment

great fight no doubt.. i think they are noth gonna take a lot of punishments but rios 's face holds up a lot better...

Comment

Good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
                    Smaller guys, but Rios was known to drain himself to the point where it makes you wonder how much of him was even competing.

Like Ortiz, 140 will actually do Rios a lot of good. he'll be fresher and stronger. People seem to forget this.
                    Either way he's used to fighting smaller guys and being able to bully them. So I think he's in for some culture shock when he faces Alvarado. If he does of course...

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                      So I guess katsidis/alvarado for the JCC jr/Martinez undercard is a no go then. Rios alvarado is alot better anyways kats face wouldnt hold up.
                      What bull****, rios vs alverado is a good fight but what the hell is happening to the undercard of chavez jr vs Martinez?

Top rank sucks for undercards but it seems like this one will take the cake.
                      Unless they put the above fight on it(they won't).

Comment

Working...
                      X