No announcement yet.

injury advice.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• injury advice.

this is getting old now. yesterday at boxing my shoulder dislocated again. it was only out for a few seconds but today it hurt like hell. dont even know what i did. i was throwing a jab, quite gently too, then pow. arm coming out of my hip . it has been hapening for a few years, maybe twice a year. dont know what causes it and cant get diagnosed. been to the doctors 3 times and been refered to physio twice, neith found anything that could cause it and none said there was anything i could do.

im fed up tbh. every time i start to train hard i get set back weeks, even months by an injury. ive been training 5 days a week, so maybe the stabilizing muscles where too fatiuged to work? but i dont know what to do.

the worst thing is not knowing what it is and what i can do about it. what should be my next course of action? i took today off lifting. still got boxing tomorow, just gunna take it realy easy.

Exercises do help but mostly it's the operation that stabilizes your shoulder for real.

I have similar problems and I going under knife soon.

http://www.orthop.washington.edu/uw/...s/Default.aspx

and stop doing bench press asap!

Comment

When I was in my early teens I had shoulder problems. For instance I could not even operate the car radio when I was driving. To reach my arms out was painful. At the time I was into competitive running and trained 6 times a week. I was in very good shape and my legs were strong plus my core. Pushing and pulling exercise seemed to help me for some reason, the side shoulder fly's always seemed to injure my shoulders and I was fairly weak at that movement.

Comment

I don't know if this will help, since your injury seems to be pretty serious, but refer to post #4 of this thread:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=438980

Comment

ok cheers guys, ill book an apointment at the quacks and see about surgery. its hapened a few times and nothing helps. i havnt benched for about 6 months. i acturaly started again the other day. might well be related. i remember having problems because of benching before. it was slightly different though. just pain, not instability

what do you guys think of gentle swimming as rehab? just to stay in shape and hopefuly build up stabilising muscles in the area again? thanks
          Last edited by josh-hill; 11-17-2010, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X