The Rocky films are so unrealistic.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by liraj View Post
    No they're not.

What's funny is that Stallone insisted on doing those stunts with Thunderlips himself, and got messed up a little because he was so much smaller than Hogan.

And TS is just jealous that none of his favorite fighters can manage the near perfect accuracy that Creed, Clubber, or Drago had.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
      Seriously. The fight scenes in Rocky I-IV are only "boxing" in the vaguest form of the word, IV in particular. Drago would have been DQ'd for picking up Rocky and throwing him.

WTF???? did you.......?????......are you really......??????????

umm....

dear sir would you be so kind as to PM me your home address, your work address, and or any other address that I may be able to find you within the next week?? I plan on going over to slap the stupid atta you.....

your prompt response to this matter will be greatly appreciated...

Sincerely,

RDR
      Last edited by extracurRICular; 11-28-2012, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        i liked how Rocky said he would fight Drago for free
        Then he ends up flat broke in the next one.

To the TS, the fight scenes in Rocky Balboa were definitely the most realistic. Also, having the HBO crew and logos on the screen really made it feel like a real fight.

Comment

You're kidding...

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            Never, EVER speak ill of the "Rocky" movies again!! Such blasphlemy!
            What he said they be unrealistic but there fun to watch but you gotta watch them in Blu ray and slow mo

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
              Star Wars is unrealistic. How could you even have a laser sword!? And a parsec is a measurement of distance, not time!
              Not to nerd out...actually, yeah, entirely to nerd out, but the 12 parsec thing was that he could plot out a short course through a cluster of black holes in the Kessel system. It was a smuggling run.

Comment

Didn't realize Rocky was a serious piece of Non Fiction. Here I was thinking Rocky IV was heavily based on the Cold War.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                  The first film is a great drama realistically portraying a lobotomised stroke victim scraping a living on the seamen soaked streets of Philadelphia who gets a shot at beating up a rich gay negro and trained by an angry shouting paedophile with a tumour for a head and sand in his 200 year old spit bucket of a vagina.

This happened in the sport of boxing. See Peter McNeely and his mongoloid son.

The other films are pure entertainment/decent sci-fi.

hey....

easy on lord mcneeley. he sold my father a certified, pre owned, corvette.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
                    Then he ends up flat broke in the next one.

To the TS, the fight scenes in Rocky Balboa were definitely the most realistic. Also, having the HBO crew and logos on the screen really made it feel like a real fight.
                    Yet Rocky and Mason Dixon (ugh) still landed 90% of their punches. I hate the fight in Rocky Balboa. Not a single punch looks real.

Comment

it's a fictional movie?

Comment

Working...
                      X