No announcement yet.

ESPN-Odlanier Solis has sustained serious knee injuries

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frogs! View Post
    if vitali can scramble one's brain with a punch without any leverage, then shannon briggs' head must be wrapped in steel.
    Hahahaha! No kidding! It cracks me up. Some people seem to think Vitali has this Kung Fu master "death touch" that puts opponents to sleep with zero force behind it. Klitschko hits very hard, but please....

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      Hahahaha! No kidding! It cracks me up. Some people seem to think Vitali has this Kung Fu master "death touch" that puts opponents to sleep with zero force behind it. Klitschko hits very hard, but please....
      it was shocking to see all the posts last night about vitali(without a doubt) knocking him out with a glancing tap without any leverage.

Comment

Where are all the idiots who said he quit yesterday?

Comment

I'm glad to see that some people are in the minority with me.

I've watched that "KO" sequence many times in slo-mo, freeze-framing it on several occasions. There's no way to convince me that blow had enough on it to disorient Solis. It appears that Solis's leg(s) might've displayed injury as he backed up after the tap to his head.

Whatever really happened, Solis embarrassed himself. He was fighting well, then took a bizarre turn into irrelevance.
          How did he embarrass himself?

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
            Where are all the idiots who said he quit yesterday?
            probably googling sports science to see how much force a tap on the head can generate.

Comment

it has to be the weight that he was able to or lack thereof on his right leg that caused that left leg to slide like that.

similar to stepping on a pavement that turned out to be lower on the ground than you expected.
              Something like that.

Solis crouched very low, trying to avoid Vitali's right. (Which is another thing; he obviously saw the punch coming.) It's possible that the injury occurred at that very moment. Are they saying he suffered injuries to one, or both, legs?

Comment

it was shocking to see all the posts last night about vitali(without a doubt) knocking him out with a glancing tap without any leverage.
                I still can't believe it. One guy was asking if this "brutal" KO should be considered a "KO of the Year" candidate.

Comment

Something like that.

Solis crouched very low, trying to avoid Vitali's right. (Which is another thing; he obviously saw the punch coming.) It's possible that the injury occurred at that very moment. Are they saying he suffered injuries to one, or both, legs?
                  the report says right leg.

Comment

I still can't believe it. One guy was asking if this "brutal" KO should be considered a "KO of the Year" candidate.
                    one guy said "ko of the century".

i hope he was just being sarcastic.

Comment

Yes, but that's his left leg that slips. Solis was clutching his right leg after he went down.

Sequence of events: Solis charges Klitschko, throwing several punches that don't land. Solis's left leg appears to slide before Klitschko lands a grazing punch to the top of his head. Solis's left leg again appears unsteady as he backs up from Vitali's counter. Solis goes down and clutches his right leg in apparent discomfort.
                      His left leg was off balance, but you can see his right knee twist as he's going down. Probably because he put so much pressure on the right leg after the left one slipped.

Comment

Working...
                      X