Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2011 NFL Combine Thread!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
    What do you want Derranged?
    Oh.. I just have no idea what NFL combine is, and I'm drunk and its too early. I have to go get some chicken wings soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
      Oh.. I just have no idea what NFL combine is, and I'm drunk and its too early. I have to go get some chicken wings soon.

From Wikipedia:

The National Invitational Camp or NFL Scouting Combine, as it is more widely known, is a week-long showcase, occurring every February in Indianapolis, Indiana's Lucas Oil Stadium (and formerly at the RCA Dome until 2008), where college football players perform physical and mental tests in front of National Football League coaches, general managers and scouts. With increasing interest in the NFL Draft, the scouting combine has grown in scope and significance, allowing personnel directors to evaluate upcoming prospects in a standardized setting. Its origins have evolved from the National, BLESTO and Quadra Scouting organizations in 1977 to the media event it has become today.

Athletes attend by invitation only. Implications of one's performance during the combine can affect perception, draft status, salary and ultimately career. The draft has popularized the term "Workout Warrior", whereby an athlete's "draft stock" is increased based on superior measurable qualities such as size, speed and strength, despite having an average or sub-par college career

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post

Thats the best thing I've seen you type in a while bruh.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
          From Wikipedia:

The National Invitational Camp or NFL Scouting Combine, as it is more widely known, is a week-long showcase, occurring every February in Indianapolis, Indiana's Lucas Oil Stadium (and formerly at the RCA Dome until 2008), where college football players perform physical and mental tests in front of National Football League coaches, general managers and scouts. With increasing interest in the NFL Draft, the scouting combine has grown in scope and significance, allowing personnel directors to evaluate upcoming prospects in a standardized setting. Its origins have evolved from the National, BLESTO and Quadra Scouting organizations in 1977 to the media event it has become today.

Athletes attend by invitation only. Implications of one's performance during the combine can affect perception, draft status, salary and ultimately career. The draft has popularized the term "Workout Warrior", whereby an athlete's "draft stock" is increased based on superior measurable qualities such as size, speed and strength, despite having an average or sub-par college career
          Oh ok.

By the way, there are more and more black hipsters out there. So you can stop pretending not to be one.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
            You mean Ricky Stanzi, Chief? The kid from Iowa? I think he might be an under the radar qb as well. He was a good qb in college, nothing amazing but for whatever reason he was a winner. He could become someone at the next level.

As for Cam I'm not very high on him. I like Gabbert and Locker though. The QB class isn't as decorated as some years with can't miss qbs but this class is solid and might have more talent pan out than some years.
            You got it Check homie. My **** up on Stanzi's name. But yes this kid is flyin under the radar. But I agree you dont have cant miss QB's in this draft, but you have alot of solid QB's though. I am in complete agreement with the bolded.

Comment

What was Cam's 40 time? Locker ran a 4.52, which is impressive. He's faster than some WR's that ran.

Comment

Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
                What was Cam's 40 time? Locker ran a 4.52, which is impressive. He's faster than some WR's that ran.
                He ran a 4.59, i thought he was faster than that lol

Comment

Working...
                X