No announcement yet.

Unification Question????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unification Question????

okay I know how some of these Sanc Orgs can be about unifications. The WBC doesnt want their title with the IBF or WBO ala Bradley's & Alexander's attempts.

how come its so different for Women Boxing?

There has been plenty of unified champs from the WBC, WBA, WBO female champs.
    Just last week WBA/WBC Female Welterweight Champion Cecilila Braekhus added the WBO Title to her collection. Also the Late Giselle Salandy was a unified champ for the WBC, WBA & WIBA champ.

So then My question is why are the orgs like WBC trippin when the men unify? you figure that they would make more money off the men's unification than the women's so money cant be the answer.

Any thought?

:FLAG:

Originally posted by chilost View Post
    So then My question is why are the orgs like WBC trippin when the men unify? you figure that they would make more money off the men's unification than the women's so money cant be the answer.

Any thought?

:FLAG:

the more champs there are, the more the sanctioning orgs can make money.

Comment

yeah but even if they are unified they still have to pay the separate fees to WBA, WBC, WBO or IBF. so they would get their money regardless

Comment

I know that when they are unified champs of 3 belts that the fees go down some but the men will still have to pay for each belt.

Comment

Working...
        X