No announcement yet.

head gear is annoying

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• head gear is annoying

Damn i hate sparring with head gear on. ****s always moving in my eyes blocking my peripheral vision. It just gets annoying trying to adjust it all the time. Plus it gets hella hot wearin that thing, feels like my head is boiling or something.

any of u guys feels the same way?

I'd rather not wear it,personally,but it has to be worn.
    Damn amateur rules.

Comment

lol, thats exactly how i felt. It got in my way everytime i sparred. Nowadays i wear it while training, running and even when hitting the heavy bag. Just to get really used to it.

Comment

I bet you get some funny looks,doing your running in headgear!

Comment

it's also quiet heavy too, its quiet hard to dodge punches

Comment

hmm, i cant stand them either. U spend half of ur time moving the thing so it dont fall all over ur face, and the other half getting clocked with hooks that u didnt see coming. Thing pisses me off, thank god in muay thai u only have to wear them till ur 17

Comment

They have to be worn, to prevents cuts, or bruising so boxers dont have to postpone fights. there has been some debate over there overall ability to soften blows. In general, they do sotfen alot of impact around jaw, mouth, nose, and forehead. however, much debate exists over protection to back and side of head, and also, if the blow is amplified in the headgear. If the world best wear headgear during sparing, its prolly a good idea to take advice from the best and continue to wear them. Alot of gyms wont let u enter unless ya willing to wear a headgear, its apart of insurance crap.

Comment

You dont like it only because you havent worked without it before. Not only does it take a very small amount the blows initial impact but it will also protect you when somebody bashes their head into your eye. After you get stitched up from one of the times you are head butted you wont be so against them.........Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Hunna
                  They have to be worn, to prevents cuts, or bruising so boxers dont have to postpone fights. there has been some debate over there overall ability to soften blows. In general, they do sotfen alot of impact around jaw, mouth, nose, and forehead. however, much debate exists over protection to back and side of head, and also, if the blow is amplified in the headgear. If the world best wear headgear during sparing, its prolly a good idea to take advice from the best and continue to wear them. Alot of gyms wont let u enter unless ya willing to wear a headgear, its apart of insurance crap.

The headgear will soften the blow, slightly if landed on the forehead area or the ears. It will not, however, soften the blows to the mouth, nose and especially the chin. If you are wearing one of the headgears that have a bar going acrossed the face, then of course it will protect your nose. But if you are wearing one of those than you are too green to even be complaining about the headgear.

And wearing a headgear in the gym is part of the insurance agreement, but it is not crap. The padding on the backside of the head will prevent serious injury should a fighter fall flat on his back, smashing his head into the canvas for further impact. Aswell, the insurance is there to cover you in case of something bad happening, in this sport it can happen man, very quickly. The usa/abf demands that all fighters in the amatuers wear headgear during actual bouts and during sparring. This is neccesary, in the biggest way, to keep our kids as safe as possible while learning the sport.

To bash on headgears is the same as bashing on the seat belt laws in many states. Youll ***** about them all of the time until something happens, at which point it may have just saved you from injury or even death..........Rockin'
                  Last edited by Rockin'; 04-25-2005, 03:33 PM.

Comment

I have no problem with my headgear. I like it, it fits well, and it usually stays in place.

Sometimes I think you guys will post about anything just so you can remind us that you're sparring. My gloves are dark blue -- you wanna start a thread about glove color?

Comment

Working...
                    X