No announcement yet.

Colour Photos of World War 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colour Photos of World War 1

Anyone that likes military history might find these pictures intresting, they are geniunine colour photos taken during the first world war.

Street of the Lombardic Cockerel, in ruins (Soissons. Aisne. France. 1917).

Bucy-le-Long, section of machine gunners, 4 soldiers in the ruins, drawing. (Aisne. France. 1917).

Bombing of September 2nd and 3rd. Warehouse of baths. Firefighters. (Northern France. September 3, 1917).

Frontline trenches. Group of French servicemen, "Poilus", in front of the entrance of a cote. Woods of Hirtzbach. (Haut-Rhin. France. June 16th, 1917).

Chauny. Street Saint-Martin. Ruins under snow. (Village of Noyon. Oise. France. 1917).

University quarter. (Destruction in the Northeast of the cathedral. Reims, Marl. France. April 6th, 1917).

Comment

Senagalese and other colonial troops

Frontline trench, observer. French serviceman at work in the trenches. Woods of Hirtzbach. (Haut-Rhin. France. June 16th, 1917).

Belgian troops carrying their FN Mauser Model 1889 rifles 1916
      Last edited by Davros?; 03-19-2009, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Interesting stuff man, nice one. Black and white photos always make the events seem otherworldly.

Comment

these are pretty cool - i enjoy this stuff a lot.

i didn't know there were color photo graphs back then.

Comment

thank you, looks bad ass.

Comment

Very cool.....

Comment

That's awesome!!

Comment

They are very interesting photos.

I will never understand the First World War; it was an utterly pointless waste of human life.

Comment

Funny the French, Belgiums and Americans were all using German weapons in WW1 the Mauser.

Comment

Working...
                    X