No announcement yet.

RJJ is already dissapointing me!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jr. View Post
    Don't worry Rog once I take them creatine pills Domain sent me it'll be Montell Griffin II all over again I promise you.

The RJJ in the beginning of this video is dead. Has been a long time.

He has nothing to prove.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jr. View Post
      Don't worry Rog once I take them creatine pills Domain sent me it'll be Montell Griffin II all over again I promise you.
      This would be so great if it really was roy jones jr talking!

Comment

ill quote him "let me go on and tell you one more time...........at 39 years old... IM GOING... TO TURN... THE CLOCK BACK..... and IM GOING to beat Joe Calzaghe... OK?.... NOW, you got it from the horses mouth....there aint no mis-information... now i just told you whats going to happen... they might not make me pound fo rpound king.. because they dont like me... how i act... what i say... i say whatever on my mind... they dont like that...so pound for pound is forgettable.... BUT I WILLL..... WIN THE FIGHT... SIMPLE"

word for word

Comment

Originally posted by MacChamp View Post
          The Joe Calzaghe hate on this forum has me disgusted. And people call Joe Calzaghe fans nutt-huggers... What the hell is wrong with people on this forum.
          Re-watch the Hopkins fight and you'll know why people dislike Calzaghe. He's an Olympic boxer. No power on his punches whatsoever. 75% of the time he throws a punch it lands palm first. Hopkins lands his first right and knocks Joe on his ass. He lands another right in the 6th or 7th and stuns Joe in his tracks amidst the flurry of Calzaghe's palm first punches. Those are what power punches should do. Calzaghe's style is just absolutely hideous. Anyone could have that type on handspeed if they didn't want to do damage when the punches land.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
            Roy will get hammered for 8-10 rounds until he's ready to sleep. Zaghe won't slap him, he will land some bombs on him cause Roy can't fight off the ropes like Bernard. Roy can't clinch either and in general doesn't headbutt.

Comment

I was watching a countdown show on Setanta and when Roy said 'All the pressures on him' then said the I'm definetely going to win or whatever after that. My sister who knows nothing about boxing or most sports said 'even that guy doesn't think he's going to win, he keeps contradicting himself.'

Coming from a nation of sportsmen of serial losers (England) none of our sports stars ever talk like that, and we love a loser.

Comment

Jeez, talk about an over-reaction.

My own personal reading of the situation is that he is throwing all the pressure on Calzaghe.

Look at Calslappy's performance against Hopkins. To me, the smiles and smug preening at the start was a facade to hide his nervousness. And he fought like it too.

Against RJJ, he is even under more pressure- a fighter who hasn't aged as well as Hopkins and a defeat against would be catastrophic for his legacy. Add to that that it is his last fight. All the pressure IS on Calslapstick.

Has Roy said he is going to win? Yes. Is he convinced his is going to win? Yes, seems like it. Has he once tried to lower the expectations of his fans by saying he doesn't care if he loses? No.

He's just taking all the pressure off himself and putting it all on Calslappy.

Of course, we'll only truly find out what what was going on his mind after the fight. But to me, it's pretty obvious what he's doing. And I'm not worried.

Comment

Originally posted by MacChamp View Post
                  The Joe Calzaghe hate on this forum has me disgusted. And people call Joe Calzaghe fans nutt-huggers... What the hell is wrong with people on this forum.
                  Hes higly overatted.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                    ill quote him "let me go on and tell you one more time...........at 39 years old... IM GOING... TO TURN... THE CLOCK BACK..... and IM GOING to beat Joe Calzaghe... OK?.... NOW, you got it from the horses mouth....there aint no mis-information... now i just told you whats going to happen... they might not make me pound fo rpound king.. because they dont like me... how i act... what i say... i say whatever on my mind... they dont like that...so pound for pound is forgettable.... BUT I WILLL..... WIN THE FIGHT... SIMPLE"

word for word
                    rogelio!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                      rogelio!!!!!!!
                      Just got home dog i see that. Im watching the bronco game right now I will watch the video at half time for sure!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X