Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hatton Advises Pacquiao: Your Legacy is Secured, Retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta respect Hatton's opinion, but only Manny will know whether he wants to end his career on that note. The guy is a fierce competitor and it wouldnt surprise me if he goes after a fifth Marquez fight so he can try and turn the result around.

Ultimately, all fighters are different and will handle a loss like this in different ways and with varying results. Truth be told no one, not even Manny will know how this has affected him(if at all) until he takes another punch in anger.

Comment

Glad Ricky is fine with retiring on a KO loss... again. But, I don't see Manny able to retire on a devastating one punch KO loss like that. He's too revered, respected and looked up by his Filipino people to retire on such a low note.

Comment

Originally posted by avnikuka View Post
        Pacquiao should come back. The fact of the matter is, this is boxing. One mistake and a fight is over. Look at Lennix Lewis, he got knocked out by Hasim Rahman. He successfully came back. To be quite honest with you, I thought, despite the knock down, and the knockout. Pacquiao looked sensational. I thought, right up until the knockout, that was the best Manny Pacquiao in several years.
        good point
        why wher eu unhappy with pac jmm 3? that was great fight also

Comment

Originally posted by BTTAG145 View Post
          Pac should take one more easy fight in the Philipines in front of his fans and call it a wrap.
          Nothing more to prove, and we saw the lingering effects of a brutal KO on Paul Williams.
          Even though a guy may get cleared and seems alright he will never be the same.
          Manny has done more than enough for boxing and has plenty of money to make elsewhere.
          The moneys in the US. It makes no sense to fight in the PI. Especially with that humidity. Hes already had problems with cramps in the past.

Comment

I think he should retire as well, he has nothing to prove, his legacy is set in stone. He might not be the same after the brutal KO, why hang around and possibly lose to a guy he has no business losing to?

Comment

The Racket Squad: The Art of Leaving

Pac would be foolish NOT to call it a day.

Where Mayweather is too cautious to make him as popular an icon as Pac, Manny is too brave for his own good.
              There is this sense in Boxing that it is a sin to leave the game while you still have a decent legacy and good health.

The posture Pac found himself in on the canvass was also the expiration date on his career wishing to be honored.

Manny was out cold for over 90 seconds.
              Very few fighters return from such epic destruction.

It's always tough to leave on a loss but a Bradley fight is useless and Pac will never destroy Marquez in the same manner.

The book has been written and Manny Pacquiao will always be a winner.

Go Home In Peace Champ.
              You have love, faith, compassion and wealth.

What more does a human being require?

Comment

Respect Ricky "the hitman" Hatton.

Anyways, while I am glad Marquez knocked out
                Pacquiao cold. If he decides to retire, let it
                be on a good note, let him knock out Bradley, if
                he still has it. I think he should stick around a bit
                longer. A knockout is not the end of the world
                for any fighter.

Just of the top of my head, Marco Antonio Barrera,
                Lennox Lewis. They were able to come back.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
                  Hatton has experienced this, first hand, from Pacquiao, so I respect his perspective and opinion, but he waited 3 years to attempt a comeback and still didn't look half bad.

I'd like to see Pacquiao end his career on a fight that didn't end in brutal KO.

I was glad to see Hatton go out on his last fight TBH, because it showed him mustering up the courage to face his demons.
                  agreed...pac needs to go out on his own terms. i'd say he should retire at the end of 2013. one fight in the summer and then one last farewell fight at the end of 2013 in the philippines.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
                    he seemed pretty pumped after the ko, and with the wanting to fight in april, although might not be giving him the time phsically to recover, mentally he seems just as hungry

after somethin like that i think my hunger would be shot and i'd be talking about retirement
                    if it took Manny until June to recover from a cut in MarquezIII how long will it take to recover from MarquezIV

Comment

theres no reason for pacquiao to retire if he still wants to keep fighting.

1. he'd be turning down a lot of money by retiring.
                      2. he can still fight and beat most if not any opponent as long as he does not eat KO punches. (this means he would probably decision most fights but still win)
                      3. that is not how he should go out.

if he gets beat up or KO'ed after coming back, then he should definitely retire.

what pac needs to do is test himself and see if that devastating KO ended his career or not. and most importantly he needs to dedicate himself to boxing (a combat sport where u put ur health on the line) and quit all his side hobbies like being a governor, basketball, singing. he sucks in every single one of them anyways.

Comment

Working...
                      X