• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But he is undefeated,Wilder will snatch his 0

Comment

by Lem Satterfield
      Aug 30th, 2012

Unbeaten heavyweight prospect Deontay "The Bronze Bomber" Wilder, of Tuscaloosa, Ala., will pursue his 25th knockout in as many wins against undefeated Damon McCreary, of Detroit, on a Sept. 8, Fox Sports Net/Fox Deportes-televised card from the The Hangar in Costa Mesa, Calif., according to Golden Boy match maker, Eric Gomez.

A 2008 Olympic bronze medalist who turns 27 in October, the 6-foot-7 Wilder is coming off a first-round stoppage of Trinidad and Tobago's Kertson "The Warrior" Manswell on Aug. 4 which followed June's third-round knockout of former heavyweight title challenger Owen Beck.

McCreary, 39, is 14-0 with 10 knockouts, including stoppage victories in three of his past four fights.

In the main event, lightweight prospect Luis Ramos Jr. (22-0, 9 knockouts) meet Mexican spoiler Noe Bolanos (24-6-1, 16 KOs), who is a southpaw.

"As we work toward getting bigger fights and bigger dates, such as on HBO or on Showtime, what we're trying to be the busiest heavyweight in the world today. So when Golden Boy calls and says, 'can we be ready in a week-and-a-half?' Deontay said, 'that's a week more than we need,'" said trainer Jay Deas, of Wilder.

"We're ready. We're excited, and I want to give a shout-out and to give props to both of these heavyweights, because getting two, undefeated heavyweights to agree to fight in a week-and-a-half is not something that happens very often. We're excited about fighting this guy, and we're looking forward to it."

Lem Satterfield can be reached at lemuel.satterfield@gmail.com

I guess I can respect this....

Comment

hmmm, not doing him any favours there's better journeyman out there that he can test him and he can learn from, doubt he'll learn much against this guy...

Fair enough staying busy but not if its pointless...guess he still needs to earn his money though!

Comment

Diontey's Next fight will be against Kimbo Slice, Venue? Kelly Pavliks trailer park

Comment

I'll respect his activity to an extent... but he can be taking far better opposition than this.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by English_Lion View Post
                What can the bronze bomber do if nobody wants to fight him? Tyson fury is scared, David price is booked, Klitchkos are booked, alot of people are scared of this dude and i don't blame them!
                Tyson Fury is "scared" of Wilder????

At least Fury fought Dereck Chisora -- and it wasn't Fury's fault Dereck turned up fat.

Wilder hasn't even fought anyone remotely in Chisora's league.

Comment

Originally posted by The Nephilim
                  Quote:

Originally Posted by English_Lion

What can the bronze bomber do if nobody wants to fight him? Tyson fury is scared, David price is booked, Klitchkos are booked, alot of people are scared of this dude and i don't blame them!

Tyson Fury is "scared" of Wilder????

At least Fury fought Dereck Chisora -- and it wasn't Fury's fault Dereck turned up fat.

Wilder hasn't even fought anyone remotely in Chisora's league.
                  This seems to be the only thing Fury fans can talk about when it comes to their fighter.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                    This seems to be the only thing Fury fans can talk about when it comes to their fighter.

What the only thing Fury fans can say is he's fought way better competition than Wilder? Well that's an undeniable fact you don't have to be a Fury fan to say that.
                    Last edited by -Lowkey-; 08-30-2012, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey-
                      Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

What the only thing Fury fans can say is he's fought way better competition Wilder? Well that's an undeniable fact you don't have to be a Fury fan to say that.
                      Way better? Please enlightenment me on Chisora's accomplishment cause he seems to fall every time he steps up. What did Chisora accomplish before fighting Fury and after?

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...4158&cat=boxer
                      16 fights and hadn't fought in two years and 41 years of age.

So please tell me where this WAY better comes from.

Comment

Working...
                      X