Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Daniel "The Real Deal" Geale vs Gennady "GGG" Golovkin Fight Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    Geale is top ten, but not top five. He has decent skills and is well-rounded, but he's not really an elite middleweight.

He's definitely not as good as Sergio, Pirog, Golovkin, and Quillan. I think he might lose to a couple of others too.
    He has proved that he is better then Pirog and Quillin, and Golovkin as well, he has beat better fighters

Geale is a top 3 MW, easily

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
      Geale's legit top five guy. Not sure what Average means to you.
      it's all relative, ofc. but, while it's a competitive division with a clutch of interesting fights to be made, the talent bar at MW isn't generally all that high. in world-class terms, Geale is painfully average. he doesn't do anything well enough to unsettle a classy operator like Golovkin for very long, if at all.

as for Top 5 legitimacy, the ratings don't mean much (John Murray was rated #4 at LW a couple years ago, but nobody with any discernment ever thought he was one of the four best lightweights in the world), and i believe i could think of five better fighters in the division. but Geale does hold a strap and he did beat a jaded Sturm (another average fighter who was holding a belt hostage fighting average opposition). fair enough. he's still average, though, and this will show up.

Comment

Geale is top ten, but not top five. He has decent skills and is well-rounded, but he's not really an elite middleweight.

He's definitely not as good as Sergio, Pirog, Golovkin, and Quillan. I think he might lose to a couple of others too.
        Can't put Pirog in the top 5. Only has one decent win over a prospect and inactivity.

Martinez, Quillin, Golovkin, Geale Chavez Jr.

Not in order. But that's your top 5.

Comment

N'Dam is better than Geale, too, i believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            He has proved that he is better then Pirog and Quillin, and Golovkin as well, he has beat better fighters
            he has the single best win on paper. that's about it, really.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
              it's all relative, ofc. but, while it's a competitive division with a clutch of interesting fights to be made, the talent bar at MW isn't generally all that high. in world-class terms, Geale is painfully average. he doesn't do anything well enough to unsettle a classy operator like Golovkin for very long, if at all.

as for Top 5 legitimacy, the ratings don't mean much (John Murray was rated #4 at LW a couple years ago, but nobody with any discernment ever thought he was one of the four best lightweights in the world), and i believe i could think of five better fighters in the division. but Geale does hold a strap and he did beat a jaded Sturm (another average fighter who was holding a belt hostage fighting average opposition). fair enough. he's still average, though, and this will show up.
              The combination of all his skills will give any MW trouble. Though I'll concede the ranking argument. Geale is not "Average" He's up there with the top at 160.

Comment

N'Dam is better than Geale, too, i believe.
                Yes i think he would beat him head to head, but he Geale has actually proved himself way more, considering N'Dam hasnt faced nor beaten anyone

Comment

he has the single best win on paper. that's about it, really.
                  No. Better body of work. Adama, Mundine, Sturm, Sylvester.

Comment

Originally posted by s. Saddler 1310 View Post
                    he has the single best win on paper. That's about it, really.
                    this ^^^^^^

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                    No. Better body of work. Adama, Mundine, Sturm, Sylvester.
                    Mundine, Sturm and Sylvester are all faded fighters.

Comment

Geale may not be the most talented individual, but he's been winning. Anybody who can go to Germany twice and capture titles deserves credit. Honestly, I think Martinez should fight Geale next.

Comment

Working...
                      X