No announcement yet.

What does your routine look like?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does your routine look like?

Just finished the greatest workout I've ever had. 5 rounds of shadowboxing and 7 rounds on the heavy bag split up between 3 rounds of straight work then 1 round of non stop punches for arm conditioning 1 round of pitty pat for 10 seconds then throw 10 left hooks and 10 overhand rights as hard as possible (equals out to 120 punches as hard as possible the entire round) then 1 round focusing on the straight right and counter
    punches and the last round focused on the left hook and counter punches.

Been doing this for a few weeks and it usually leaves me ready to throw up but tonight I felt fantastic, didn't get close to tired and felt like I could train another 3 rounds at least.

Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin' View Post
    Just finished the greatest workout I've ever had. 5 rounds of shadowboxing and 7 rounds on the heavy bag split up between 3 rounds of straight work then 1 round of non stop punches for arm conditioning 1 round of pitty pat for 10 seconds then throw 10 left hooks and 10 overhand rights as hard as possible (equals out to 120 punches as hard as possible the entire round) then 1 round focusing on the straight right and counter

Been doing this for a few weeks and it usually leaves me ready to throw up but tonight I felt fantastic, didn't get close to tired and felt like I could train another 3 rounds at least.
    your adrenaline and dopamine were maxin' and you were lovin' it. Honestly, I miss that sheeit....

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin' View Post

I just started taking P6 from GNC, my workouts skyrocketed. Very good stuff.

Comment

Non sparring days:

5 mile jog (usually done early apart from the rest of the workout)
        15 minute shadowbox
        10-15 jumprope
        10 minute footwork drills
        10 minute slip bag
        5-3 minute rounds on the regular heavy bag
        3-3 minute rounds on the wrecking ball bag
        3-3 minute rounds on the double end bag
        Few rounds of mitts
        10 minute speed bag drill

I really need to mix in more HIIT circuit training, that's when I really feel in shape. Only currently sparring once every 2 weeks but looking to crank that up soon.
        Last edited by _original_; 04-17-2018, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          Non sparring days:

5 mile jog (usually done early apart from the rest of the workout)
          15 minute shadowbox
          10-15 jumprope
          10 minute footwork drills
          10 minute slip bag
          5-3 minute rounds on the regular heavy bag
          3-3 minute rounds on the wrecking ball bag
          3-3 minute rounds on the double end bag
          Few rounds of mitts
          10 minute speed bag drill

I really need to mix in more HIIT circuit training, that's when I really feel in shape. Only currently sparring once every 2 weeks but looking to crank that up soon.
          God damn, now that's a tough workout. How many hours?

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
            God damn, now that's a tough workout. How many hours?
            Around three hours, I've been kinda slacking lately though. Diet has been total garbage.

Comment

I'm swamped at work so I haven't been able to get to the boxing gym as much lately.

When I get home I've been doing Joey Hadley's routine that I posted in another thread. I like it, seems like I'm still keeping a decent level of cardio and muscle tone plus I'm feeling pretty limber too.

Good bang for the buck with this little workout. For those short on time.

3 rounds of jump rope
              100 side bends
              100 knee bends from a boxing stance
              100 jumping jacks
              100 alternating toe touches
              30 pushups
              50 sit ups
              Neck exercises (25 up and down, 25 side to side, 25 up and down)

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                I'm swamped at work so I haven't been able to get to the boxing gym as much lately.

When I get home I've been doing Joey Hadley's routine that I posted in another thread. I like it, seems like I'm still keeping a decent level of cardio and muscle tone plus I'm feeling pretty limber too.

Good bang for the buck with this little workout. For those short on time.

3 rounds of jump rope
                100 side bends
                100 knee bends from a boxing stance
                100 jumping jacks
                100 alternating toe touches
                30 pushups
                50 sit ups
                Neck exercises (25 up and down, 25 side to side, 25 up and down)
                Do you split them up into a circuit?

Comment

Do you split them up into a circuit?
                  Nope. I just go through it straight, exactly as written.

For the jump rope I do 3 minutes on, 1 minute rest. Repeat for a total of three rounds.

Comment

Around three hours, I've been kinda slacking lately though. Diet has been total garbage.
                    Me too, bastards opened up an In N' Out around me.

Comment

Working...
                    X