Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do narcotices have any effect cardio wise on your body?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do narcotices have any effect cardio wise on your body?

as long as I dont abuse them? sparring gets to yo your body and sometimes its good to take the docter reccomended vicodin.

How do you guy's feel?

Ouch

Originally posted by bulldog7 View Post
    as long as I dont abuse them? sparring gets to yo your body and sometimes its good to take the docter reccomended vicodin.

How do you guy's feel?
    Well, first let me say that if you are getting hit that hard during sparring you may want to look for a different sparring partner. I have no issues with prescribed dosages of vicodin. I typically pop a few advil when I am done sparring or at the end of a long workout.

I view vicodin as a narcotic you need more for PAIN not necessarily soreness. Again, if your in that much PAIN you may need to talk to a MD. Vicodin also has the tendency to have a "hangover" effect to it. If you are training the next day it still may be in your system and there may be the possiblity of you getting sick (puking, lightheadedness, dizziness, etc.). Try a few asprin next time before you pop the vicodin and see if they help.

:-)

Comment

At this gym we spar hard everyday..... yea I know. but the coach has been trainging pros and amaetures for 50 years and has trained leon spinks.

Comment

if the doc recommends vicodin, take them!

the can help. however, i recommend u drink some milk everyday to compensate for any damage of stomach lining.

my mom was a nurse and i have several friends who go to medical school to be either nurses or surgeons.

Comment

My mom is a nurses aid, and she gets a lot of narcotics for her pain, and she knows everything about pills.... Lol but as far as it hurting your cardio like weed, are any other crap drug I wasent sure.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog7 View Post
            My mom is a nurses aid, and she gets a lot of narcotics for her pain, and she knows everything about pills.... Lol but as far as it hurting your cardio like weed, are any other crap drug I wasent sure.
            crap drug? are u a nerd or something???

i hate that pain meds cost as much as they do as i use em sometimes(legally), but until things like weed become legal, u are stuck with paying for tylenol that does not work or prescriptions that are way too expensive and barely work at all.

Comment

Let me rephrase that crap drug as in really screw your body up.... now weed for some people is questionable if I smoke it then I eat aLOT! like 90000 cals so thats bad for me.

crap drug like meth acid stupid stuff like that.

but for me weed I cant have and I agree tylenol is basically masocisom how it kills your liver and doesent do crap.

I hope you understand where iam coming from.

Comment

Ok, well I havent sparred so I dont know how bad it feels after taking a beating in there. But I would say narcotics should generally be used for injuries and if youre hurt enough to need vicodin should you really be sparring again soon?

While you were on it, I would imagine it would effect your cardio. I know for me it does effect my sleep and I cant sleep well sometimes on it so that could hurt recovery if you had sleeping issues. I have tried to exercise on some strong antibiotics and couldnt cause they made me extremely weak/tired. Being on narcotics I would imagine you wouldnt have the energy for a good workout. But as far as taking a dose one day and then going running the next day, I dont know if it would effect the cardio.

If you got beat up bad enough in sparring to need some narcotics then I would say to give your body some rest anyways. I dont think it should be taken for just general soreness and only for more serious pain.

Comment

Working...
                X