No announcement yet.

GB Beijing 08 Boxing Team!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GB Beijing 08 Boxing Team!

How many medals do you reckon we'll get?
    We've got 8 boxers, and I think Frankie Gavin will atleast get a bronze.

I am not to sure of how many. But i think we will get some deffinatly. I mean, when Khan went on his own he got a silver so the team we got now should get some. I think Gavin will do well, i see him getting a silver medal at least

Comment

I wouldn't like to say with Amateur boxing - anything could happen on the night. I think we stand a good chance.

The fact that Khan won silver makes me hopeful for this bunch anyway. lol.

Comment

Frankie Gavin for gold!

Comment

Originally posted by majestiC View Post
          Frankie Gavin for gold!
          I hope so!

Comment

I'm really looking forward to the boxing coverage at the olympics. It makes a change that we have many boxers to look out for instead of the one or two we usually have.

Frankie Gavin is of course the biggest hope; he is definately capable of bringing home the gold. The others i'm confident of being able to bring medals home are Joe Murray, Bradley Saunders and Billy Joe Saunders.

I think if we can bring 3 or 4 medals home it will have been a great performance by the lads.

Comment

to see our team has improved. Imagine what can be acheived if facilities were improved too! Our club is facing closure and has over 30 boxers on the cards. Last year we went to an average of 3 shows per month and put on 3 ourselves. Lack of funding has ****ed us up. Other sports see the money from the top pro's trickle down to grassroots. Boxing has to do the same if they want premiership standard development.

Comment

Well our team this time is being hyped as the best in many years. I think this crop is capable of getting 4 medals, wouldn't like to take a guess at what colours they'll be.

Comment

where is the line up?

Comment

I hope my Romany amigo Billy Joe Saunders will get a gold. He was on the news earlier

Comment

Working...
                    X