No announcement yet.

Boxers = not warriors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxers = not warriors

First of, there are so many useless weight classes. We don't need all of these weight classes. If you want to do the maths, then do it, we're talking about 3-4% increases in bodyweight between weight classes, lol. A perfect excuse for the good fighters to avoid each other. Secondly, there are so many belts that the champions easily can duck each other. Thirdly, and this applies to not only boxers, but also UFC fighters: stop fighting 1-2 times a year, that's lazy as ****.

Why is it that we barely ever see any true warriors in boxing nowadays, who burns to fight all the time, with no childish concern for a 4% increase in weight or a paper title...

Seriously, in UFC, there is one belt per division. That's how it should be. In boxing, you can't even point out who "the champion" is per division, lol.

I love boxing, but it has turned into a diva sport... They are simply not warriors anymore. Mayweather, for example, was a genius and probably the technically best boxer ever, but don't claim that he is anything near a warrior (and I'm not talking his fighting style here, but his mindset).

Have you ever boxed before?

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
      Have you ever boxed before?
      Yeah, for 5 years, if that's enough to count? Now I train MMA. Since I won't be making money on either, might as well train the one that helps me most in street situations...

Boxers at the elite level do not think like warriors. They do not seek the greatest challenges.

Comment

Originally posted by Banko Villas View Post
        Yeah, for 5 years, if that's enough to count? Now I train MMA. Since I won't be making money on either, might as well train the one that helps me most in street situations...

Boxers at the elite level do not think like warriors. They do not seek the greatest challenges.
        Lol @ mma for street situations you actual wrestle guys in the street? People get shot and shanked in the street.. you mean a fight? you can’t even name the form of mma you train in??

Comment

Lol @ mma for street situations you actual wrestle guys in the street? People get shot and shanked in the street.. you mean a fight? you can’t even name the form of mma you train in??
          I train boxing, K1/muaythai combined and wrestling/BJJ, in one class called "grappling". What do you mean "form of MMA"? You do know that MMA got no strict shape, right?

And yeah, in the streets, it's good to both be able to punch and kick, as well as be able to handle the situation IF it goes to the ground (or if you force it to the ground in a 1vs1 fight).

What exactly are you trying to say here?

Comment

I train boxing, K1/muaythai combined and wrestling/BJJ, in one class called "grappling". What do you mean "form of MMA"? You do know that MMA got no strict shape, right?

And yeah, in the streets, it's good to both be able to punch and kick, as well as be able to handle the situation IF it goes to the ground (or if you force it to the ground in a 1vs1 fight).

What exactly are you trying to say here?

I’ll whoop your ass with jiu jitsu

Comment

I’ll whoop your ass with jiu jitsu
              Maybe, maybe not. Why would you even attempt to do so, lol?

Comment

Maybe, maybe not. Why would you even attempt to do so, lol?
                Cause you don’t don’t know boxing I’m trying to make it fair

Comment

Cause you don’t don’t know boxing I’m trying to make it fair
                  I'm pretty sure I could take you both standing and on the floor, but we'll never find out.

Comment

First of, there are so many useless weight classes. We don't need all of these weight classes.
                    Forget the weight classes, the problem is the multiple titles per division. Four titles means four protected champions. The best never needs to fight the best....

Seriously, in UFC
                    Any boxing fan would see the contradiction of terms here.

I love boxing, but it has turned into a diva sport... They are simply not warriors anymore. Mayweather, for example, was a genius and probably the technically best boxer ever, but don't claim that he is anything near a warrior (and I'm not talking his fighting style here, but his mindset).
                    Many fans see Mayweather as the leader/villian of this selective era. An Era where a fighter can win one of four titles and make defenses earning some of the fans approval as a great without facing the best of each weight class. But I, in spite of my questioning the flaws, don't just blame Mayweather, I also blame the promoters and the money grabbing stationing bodies that pollute the sport. Shame on the fans for their acceptance of it.

Comment

Working...
                    X