No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs David Lemiuex Does Roughly 150,000 PPV Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
    Nothing is confirmed until Big Papa Rick Glaser puts out the real number.
    lol. but yea as i expected around 200k

just lol at anyone who thought it would get 400

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
      PPV is a dying model folks...Mayweather Berto did terrible and now this....if there's not 2 A side fighters people don't wanna pay..

Next months fight will do huge numbers I assume because it's 2 stars..
      PPV should only be for big fights. It's terrible for the sport that people pay to see crap fights just because a big enough star wants it on PPV.

Comment

oh bahahah wow barcham where u at bruh??

ready for my sig and avy?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          PPV should only be for big fights. It's terrible for the sport that people pay to see crap fights just because a big enough star wants it on PPV.
          Exactly...this fight had to be on PPV to pay Lemieux and GGG all that money I guess but it shouldn't have been...he better not try fighting Tuerano Johnson on PPV lol

Comment

Exactly what I thought it would be.

People still don't really know who Golovkin is and people sure as hell didn't know who Lemieux was.

I'd say it's a success but wasn't a necessary move and would have been better served to be a regular HBO showing.

Comment

If those numbers are valid, it would be a failure. I'm not even sure that will break even.

Comment

Not a great number. The media coverage (on sites that never even mention boxing) and the sell out crowd however was great. The buzz is there, but he still has a long way to go to be a superstar. If he was 23 and doing this Id say he is the next big thing in boxing, but in his 30's he just wont have the time to get there. His cult status will be Tyson like for a few years though if he keeps winning.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                  lol. but yea as i expected around 200k

just lol at anyone who thought it would get 400
                  Did people really think that?

Canelo,Cotto,Pac didn't crack that number unless they were fighting Mayweather And Floyd barely beat that against Berto...

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                    If those numbers are valid, it would be a failure. I'm not even sure that will break even.
                    9 million would be 150,000 sales plus gate and sponsors...GGG made 2 million...Lemieux 1.5 million.. The main undercard was a couple hundred grand each guy I think...

They probably made out ok but hoped to make much more...

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                      Nothing is confirmed until Big Papa Rick Glaser puts out the real number.
                      WTF? Unless the numbers come directly from the network (in this case HBO), it is nothing but speculation regardless of the source. If Rick Glaser or Fat Dan Rafael give a number, it will likely come from the promoter himself and you definitely can't trust those numbers.

Comment

Working...
                      X