No announcement yet.

"Union Jack is not a symbol to be proud of", Anthony Mundine

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Union Jack is not a symbol to be proud of", Anthony Mundine

He said that what England did with Aborigines is worst than what Hitler did.

Go check this out :

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...8-1702,00.html

http://www.bordermail.com.au/news/bm...al/641776.html

Makes some sens, England did a lot of dommage to the native population of its colonies, probably more than Hitler did in WW2. Still, burning their flag is radical...

What do you think about that? And to all Ausies, how was it received in Australia?

Guy just wants a shot at Calzaghe's belt

But on a serious note The union jack is Britain's flag. No matter what Britain done in the past, its irrelevant. It's like saying the German flag is nothing to be proud of because Hitler murdered jews.

Comment

Originally posted by Naz-Fan View Post
      Guy just wants a shot at Calzaghe's belt

But on a serious note The union jack is Britain's flag. No matter what Britain done in the past, its irrelevant. It's like saying the German flag is nothing to be proud of because Hitler murdered jews.
      bad example...the german flag isn't the same as then (i.e. it used to be the swastika). i don't know if the spanish flag is the same as it was a few hundred years ago cos they pretty much destroyed a whole civilisation (in south america).

and anyway, i'm sure mundine's comparison won't go down very well with australias jewish population. hitler sent millions to the gas chamber in a purposeful attempt to destroy an entire race. although what the colonial powers including britian did was terrible, you cannot compare the two.

Comment

I really want to see Froch knock the silly bastard's head off.
        He has a point, but what he is doing is an affront to the Britain of today, not the Britain of the 19th century. We no longer abuse primitive mud grubbing tribesmen.

Britain wasn't responsible for the stolen generation, Britain didn't create the "White Australia" policies, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by !!! Beowulf !!! View Post
          I really want to see Froch knock the silly bastard's head off.
          He has a point, but what he is doing is an affront to the Britain of today, not the Britain of the 19th century. We no longer abuse primitive mud grubbing tribesmen.

Britain wasn't responsible for the stolen generation, Britain didn't create the "White Australia" policies, etc.
          The Queen is monarch of Australia and Australia is part of the Commonwealth.

Considering that the Indigenous Australians were there for over 42,000 years and then these british convicts were sent over a few hundred years ago to steal their land.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut_84 View Post

Considering that the Indigenous Australians were there for over 42,000 years and then these british convicts were sent over a few hundred years ago to steal their land.

And? I'm obviously aquainted with such facts. The Queen has no power in the UK or Australia, and the Commonwealth isn't exactly powerful when it comes to the internal affairs of it's members.

What's done is done, the Aborigines shouldn't have been treated that way, but it happened and is in the past and has NOTHING to do with modern Britain.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut_84 View Post

Considering that the Indigenous Australians were there for over 42,000 years and then these British convicts were sent over a few hundred years ago to steal their land.
              You can say the same about Indigenous American Indians etc.

Whats done is done, sad but unchangeable!

Mundine is just stoking the fire!

Comment

froch wouldnt do anythin with mundine

Comment

Originally posted by El Temible View Post
                  froch wouldnt do anythin with mundine
                  Froch would knock mundine into a coma, i really don't see what everyone sees in mundine, he's been knocked out by sven ottke and manny siaca ffs. He's lost to every decent fighter he's faced.

Comment

well there is alot of hate going on both sides.

but could probably related to him

Comment

Working...
                    X