Collapse
No announcement yet.

Points off for pushing ? a new thing ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think the difference was peterson was walking khan back while pushing him, a type of ring generalship we've all seen. Khan was pushing peterson so he could run away. It was a non boxing move used for an advantage, refs can call non boxing moves at their discretion floyd raising his elbow (not elbowing) to impede fighters from leaning on him comes to mind.

Comment

The way I see it, if Joe Cortez would've reffed this fight, Peterson would've lost hands down, simply for the fact that he would NOT have allowed the inside fighting to take place. Khan was trying to do whatever he could to not let Peterson bang him on the inside, which includes the pushing and other rough-house tactics.

Comment

Khan pushed and held his head down all night...I have no problem with the point deductions

Comment

Originally posted by GoogleMe View Post
          You're not allowed to push, therefore you can deduct points.
          So why has it been let go for 100 years ?

7:40

round 10 the thrilla in manilla

Ali pushes frasier off 13 times in one round and is not warned once despite doing it at least 10 times in the 2 rounds before.

Thats just the first fight i thought of. It happens in every fight when you have an inside guy coming in on an outsdie fighter. Yet never so much as a warning until today? Ridiculous.

Its always been allowed whether its in the rules or not.

Comment

Although i find Khan a little annoying and needed to be pegged down a little, though tbf to him the ref was terrible. He was way too close and kept on getting in the way. Constantly barking at Khan to let Peterson go, when infact Peterson was the one ramming his head in. He certainly was favorable toward Peterson.

Comment

the fix was in and thats all there is to it

Comment

Stop Crying

Comment

Go watch foreman/Qawi.

In fact.. Watch ANY foreman fight. Shoving has always been illegal and he's always been told not to do it

Comment

ignorance in this topic much? wlad had a point deducted for pushing in the haye fight. and that fight happened on 7/2/2011, not exactly 100 years / 2000 fights ago.

furthermore, on boxrec it says khan got 1 deducted for pushing, and the other for hitting on break. so he didn't have 2 deducted for the same foul. get your facts straight.

Comment

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
                      ignorance in this topic much? wlad had a point deducted for pushing in the haye fight. and that fight happened on 7/2/2011, not exactly 100 years / 2000 fights ago.

furthermore, on boxrec it says khan got 1 deducted for pushing, and the other for hitting on break. so he didn't have 2 deducted for the same foul. get your facts straight.
                      That was for leaning haye haye went to ground about 20 times in that fight Peterson didnt once.

As for hitting on the break that was the only time the ref broke the fighters up all night. He broke them up so he could take the point away.

This was just good boxing from Khan, hold on the inside and push him back. Just lke Ali did 150 times evey time he fought.

Comment

Working...
                      X