• Show
Clear All

• Joe Calzaghe vs Andre Ward?

Calzaghe vs Ward how do you have it?
    Calzaghe
    64.29%
    Ward
    35.71%

In the UK, Calzaghe by UD. In Oakland, Ward by UD.

Comment

Dre wins any where....I like Joe...but Andre's a better boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
        Dre wins any where....I like Joe...but Andre's a better boxer.
        Based on what? His wins ( In his Hometown ) over "ATG's" Alan Green, Sakio Bika, and Edison Miranda?

Don't make me laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMarr_Loc View Post
          Based on what? His wins ( In his Hometown ) over "ATG's" Alan Green, Sakio Bika, and Edison Miranda?

Don't make me laugh.
          Why did you ignore the Kessler fight?

Comment

Ward is not fit to spit-shine Calzaghe's kicks.
            Last edited by -JUGGERNAUT-; 06-10-2011, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
              Because it's one of Joe's best wins as well. haha

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
                I didn't - I regard it as a great win; especially for a Green fighter - which Ward was at the time. But even adding Kessler on his resume doesn't make Ward out to be someone whom would "Beat Calzaghe anywhere"

Comment

I actually like Ward over Joe, and if Andre gets by Froch in style then that makes me even more confident.

Sad that ALREADY there is a case building for these guys being better than or at least on Joes level and he had 11 - 12 years as champ to build his rep

Comment

i actually think this would turn into a fun fight.

we don't know a whole lot about ward yet, as crazy as that seems considering he's the best at 168 in the world.

he could be that good
                    he has not lost since he was 12 years old. he's a very versatile fighter.
                    like joe, he can adjust.

rounds 1-4 would probably look very different from rounds 5-8 and 9-12 respectively.

joe's a bit more of a rounded fighter while ward is a well rounded boxer.

my only hope would be that they'd go 15 rounds, because nobody is getting stopped, and the fight would likely be very competitive

judging, officiating, and location would obviously factor

i'm going with calzaghe because he's had a longer opportunity to be a consistent and winning fighter, and i've seen him tested and still come out with the W. he also fought and beat kessler on a much better night, so i wont take much from their fights against a common opponent.

and joe also had kessler ready to go and hurt to the body, while ward was merely boxing his ears off
                    but kessler fought ward with much more caution than he fought calzaghe. when kessler fought calzaghe he was at the height of his powers physically and mentally.

Comment

Working...
                    X