Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Nigel Benn One of the Best Super Middleweights ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes he was a beast, his come back against McClellan was amazing.

Comment

Has to be, but the field of candidates isn't deep.

Comment

Originally posted by Stallone60 View Post
        Benn would fight anyone and didnt avoid anyone.
        Benns my boy, but even I have to admit he wanted nothing to do with Toney
        Benn and Eubank both held 2 world titles but benn held the WBC a much better version of the super middleweight title for 4 years.
        Benn Best wins:
        Gerald McClellan
        Thulani Malinga
        Eubank Best wins:
        Thulani Malinga
        Michael Watson
        Graciano Rocchigiani
        In terms of smw resume they are about the same
        Benn fought McClellan and was a big underdog a risky fight were Eubank didnt fight any big Stars and didnt take any risks because he was in the game for the money and just took on lower par fighters for the pay day.
        The Graciano Rocchigiani fight in Germany was a big risk
        I have watched benn eubank 2 and i had benn winning by 2 rounds.
        I had Malinga beating Benn as well, but the record says Benn win, so we have to go with it.
        Benn is higher ranked than eubank because the fact that he would fight against a big name and win and eubank didnt fight any big names like McClellan nunn etc only fighting Watson, benn and no one else big until he was beat by Collins.Benn also won 2 world titles abroad which isnt easy to do.
        In terms of h2h and resume Eubank should be ranked higher

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
          Has to be, but the field of candidates isn't deep.
          True. The division is only 30 years old or something like that

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Blue Yonda View Post
            Benn is the fourth greatest Super-Middle of all-time, in my estimation. He sits below Jones, Calzaghe & Toney.
            you are probably right but benn has a real good chance to beat calzaghe

Comment

Originally posted by IronMike* View Post
              Benns my boy, but even I have to admit he wanted nothing to do with Toney

Can you justify that? Benn said on a talk show benn eubank better enemies he would take him on. If you are saying that Eubank didnt want any part of Toney.

Benn Best wins:
              Gerald McClellan
              Thulani Malinga
              Eubank Best wins:
              Thulani Malinga
              Michael Watson
              Graciano Rocchigiani
              In terms of smw resume they are about the same

I disagree benn held a better belt in the business at the time the WBC for 4 years and the McClellan risk was much bigger than the rocchigiani fight. The world was more interested in benn v McClellan than eubank v rocchigiani by far. Eubank would never of risked his unbeaten record against McClellan.

The Graciano Rocchigiani fight in Germany was a big risk

I had Malinga beating Benn as well, but the record says Benn win, so we have to go with it.

I had Watson winning the first eubank fight on points and also had malinga beating eubank but the record says eubank. Eubank in alot of his fights crapped the win.

In terms of h2h and resume Eubank should be ranked higher
              Benn fought the better fighters and McClellan alone a american star at the time and benn agreed to fight him which eubank never fought a big name american and benn winning no more said Benn is higher ranked.

Comment

Originally posted by rsf View Post
                Prime vs Prime that would be an incredible fight,i cant imagine calzaghe losing too a guy that comes straight at him but i think it would be an absolute war

Comment

Originally posted by rsf View Post
                  Originally posted by The_Demon View Post
                  Prime vs Prime that would be an incredible fight,i cant imagine calzaghe losing too a guy that comes straight at him but i think it would be an absolute war
                  benn would lose badly to toney and jones, but i think he has a chance at beating calzaghe, he could catch joe cold in one of their exchanges and put him on the floor but he'd have to go into the fight lighter than 168, when benn was at 160 he had both speed and power, when he moved up to 168 he lost his speed. but anyone who goes to war and stands and trades with a prime benn makes a big mistake

Comment

Benn would have lost too jones but would have given him hell in doing so,thats the reason jones wasnt too keen on facing benn

Toney would have beat benn badly its a good style match-up for JT imo

Calzaghe beats benn up at 168,remember a prime calz could punch too so it would likely be an all out war with both guys hurt on occasions,i thing joes advantage in speed and the angles he brought would have won him the fight

Comment

Working...
                    X