No announcement yet.

Skyrim Is Overrated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skyrim Is Overrated

Last edited by BOLLOCKS; 06-02-2013, 05:18 AM.

Ill watch this in a minute

Was really looking forward to this before its release and yet 18 months on I've still never got round to playing it. Sold my PS3 and I've got it on my MacBook but never started it as I dont like the controls.

What is so bad about it?

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion is one of my all time favourite games

Comment

I had a fun time playing it.

- Good side quests (Dark Brotherhood, Civil War etc, good characters there)
      - Good Misc quests (
      - Excellent world, very varied, cool towns, fun random events, mountains, dwarven places etc.
      - You could kill people silently without the guards coming in like Oblivion.

The best bit was just roaming around doing random tasks, clearing out enemy forts and becoming immersed in the world.

Negatives:
      - The main story was garbage, absolutely damn terrible.
      - The whole premise of shouting being a massive thing in the game was ******ed.
      - Smithing was just constantly spamming making Iron daggers until you maxed out and could make dragon armour, then you were unbeatable.
      - Combat is boring and repetitive. (sneaking + archery is fun, magic, melee sucks)
      - Finale is damn terrible and underwhelming and seemed quickly and incoherently thrown together.

Fun experience if you dodge the main story, I played 60 hours and spent about 15 on the main story, only about 5 of which were moderately enjoyable.

8/10.

Comment

i found dragons dogma to be better

smaller game in general but the story is better and it gives you more creative input in everything you do in terms of your character and sidekick

also the fact you need to get to like level 90-95 before you can be safe in what you do, even then you need 3 others with you for long journeys

Comment

Worst reviewer ever. If I wanted to listen to a smarmy arrogant English dickhead monotonously complain about trivialities I'd buy a fucking tape recorder.

Comment

Haven't watched the video yet, but after finally playing Skyrim for a bit, I tend to agree that it's overrated. It's certainly not the best console RPG ever created like so many seem to think.

Overall, the 'Elder Scrolls' games haven't really impressed me since Morrowind. When it comes to the series in general, I think they're about as vast and beautiful as the ocean, but ultimately about as deep as a puddle.

I accidentally broke my copy of Skyrim halfway through it (halo scratch) and I don't even care to replace it because I honestly don't care to finish the game.

Comment

I had a lot of fun with it. My main complaints were the decrease in skills you could level up and how short all the quest lines were.

Comment

It really is.

After the first few days. You get jaded quick. I pretty much stayed of the main quest and did side quests mostly. My favorite was the thieves guild, I only did heist jobs but never got the so called "big" thief missions that are supposed to pop up. Never became leader either even though I completed through the nightingales(didn't want to join them either).

Did a mage as well. College of winterhold is long as hell.

It's fun if you go off the beaten path and do **** all. It gets rather boring sticking to the main quest. Not Bethesda's best. I still find myself yearning for fallout over skyrim. I can pop in fallout 3 and have more fun than skyrim.

Comment

Just gonna sit there and take that, Ether?

Comment

Skyrim is sexy times.

Comment

Working...
                    X