Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Tyson often fight square on?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mikes early bouts were against ordinary skilled fighters who all came to fight but were in there to offer Mike a means to learn how to win. That said Mike at 15 yrs to 20 yrs would beat any heavy at that time! Tyson weighing 195 to 210 was the fastest heavy and best puncher in the division at that time. His style was taught by Cus D'Amato and mike opertated out of that style perfectly when he was a young man. That style however is extremely difficult to maintain as you get more mature and add weight and loose flexability!
    The square comes from stepping up with the back leg to be able to hook with both hands. One of Mikes best one hand combos was a short right, right uppercut and then a right hook to the body! He could do that with both hands and your right hand is at disadvantage if your feet (right) is in the traditional spot.
    As mentioned Mike lost alot of his style as he got older and consequently began standing up straight, his original team had either passed away or were replaced by a new promotor and Mike!
    If you watch the early bouts (first 20) you will see what fans were so excited about and how Tysons legend was built! I know this because I was there alot!
    Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
      lol u went into gr8 detail about the tucker, tillis and thomas fights, dont lie u seen em all.
      On the contrary, it's clear from his nonsense on these forums that he has indeed not seen much Tyson and knows nothing about him.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
        Great detail? I've seen those fights once... I've seen the Holmes fight, his fights with Razor Ruddock, and the first Holyfield fight. Will get around to watching the Douglas fight one of these days, but have way too many good fights ahead of that to watch.
        You haven't watched Douglas-Tyson yet? Not at all? Kinda unbelievable.

You shouldn't even be discusing boxing history if you've never seen that one!

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
          You haven't watched Douglas-Tyson yet? Not at all? Kinda unbelievable.

You shouldn't even be discusing boxing history if you've never seen that one!
          Started watching it last night and realized that I have indeed seen it before, so I only watched the first couple rounds last night. Very uncompetitive fight if I recall.

The heavyweight division bores the crap out of me, especially anything post-Holmes. There are too many great fights at the lower weight classes for me to spend time watching the big men.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
            Started watching it last night and realized that I have indeed seen it before, so I only watched the first couple rounds last night. Very uncompetitive fight if I recall.

The heavyweight division bores the crap out of me, especially anything post-Holmes. There are too many great fights at the lower weight classes for me to spend time watching the big men.

I think it was beautiful to see a 6'4", 231lb dude boxing like that.

Comment

Working...
            X