Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Zab beats Garcia and becomes lineal champ at 140 will that get him to the HOF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Why should anyone consider it a brag worthy accomplishment then? Why is that something to consider when talking whether a guy should be in the HOF? If the guy he beat to be lineal champ should never have been lineal champ to begin with, and only was because of ridiculous and unfair rankings, then why does the lineal championship or Ring Championship or ANY championship matter? It really doesn't.
    he would be a 4 time champ at 140

and lineal at 140 and 147..do you not think that is good enough to get into the hall of fame?

Comment

Originally posted by Ashy Larryx View Post
      yea not saying i agree with it but facts are facts,this fight is for the lineal title
      Its not facts, Ring belt doesnt always follow a lineage. This case is a prime example. Garcia is not a lineal champ

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
        Ring doesn't always equal lineal.
        true but when the lineage is broken,it is reestablished when the #1 and#2 fight and that happened

Comment

Beating Mayweather, Tszyu or Cotto would have helped tremendously. But if he beats Garcia your talking about a 6 time champion, 2 weight divisions, undisputed champion at 147 and lineal champion in 2 weight classes.

I think he would need a late career surge to really get in though.

Comment

he would be a 4 time champ at 140

and lineal at 140 and 147..do you not think that is good enough to get into the hall of fame?
            The whole point of my post you just quoted is that none of these belts matter. The guys holding them only hold them because of politics, not because they earned them.

So honestly, him being lineal champ at 140 would mean nothing if he gets that distinction by beating Danny Garcia. If Garcia went on to have a good career to make the win mean something, then beating Garcia would mean something, but him being lineal champ never would, not to me.

Comment

What was the beginning of the current 140lb lineage? It seems like Bradley/Khan would've been THE fight to determine the lineal champion, but since it never happened, was Khan just promoted by default?

Comment

true but when the lineage is broken,it is reestablished when the #1 and#2 fight and that happened
                These rankings weren't clearly substantiated for Khan and Garcia. It doesn't matter anyway, lineal or not, it wouldn't add to a potential win for Zab.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  The whole point of my post you just quoted is that none of these belts matter. The guys holding them only hold them because of politics, not because they earned them.

So honestly, him being lineal champ at 140 would mean nothing if he gets that distinction by beating Danny Garcia. If Garcia went on to have a good career to make the win mean something, then beating Garcia would mean something, but him being lineal champ never would, not to me.
                  People are becoming too obsessed with the Ring rankings. They are just as bad as any belt organization. Not only do they bump up fighters unfairly, but they also just give away the belt now. I mean #2 v #5 can win a ring belt now. And people like Larry will call him a lineal champ

Even with the Ring belt being "free", they sure love giving it away. Vlad, Hernandez and Garcia, who all hold Ring belts are in reality not lineal champs

Comment

Peterson was #1 and Khan was #2, with Garcia being #3.

#2 vs #3 happened, sooo not a lineage

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                      What was the beginning of the current 140lb lineage? It seems like Bradley/Khan would've been THE fight to determine the lineal champion, but since it never happened, was Khan just promoted by default?
                      There is none. People are saying Garcia beating Khan started it, and its just laughable

Comment

Working...
                      X