Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto fight: Wil madison square garden show judge's 9/10 point score after each round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto fight: Wil madison square garden show judge's 9/10 point score after each round

I know on PPV at home they say what all the judges gave after each round on the TV, but if you go there live do they show on the big TVs the judge's scores after every round, or announce it out loud?

What about for all of the undercard and non televised fights?

Thank you.

It should be like that for every fight, no one should have to guess whether the fighter who won will get credit at the end.

Comment

They never do that, only on replays of PPV's. The only thing you see live is Lederman's scorecard, and if you're at the event you don't even see that.

Comment

where do they show judges scorecards after every round live???ive heard of open scoring but thats after every whay 4 rounds?

Comment

Originally posted by yyy222 View Post
          I know on PPV at home they say what all the judges gave after each round on the TV, but if you go there live do they show on the big TVs the judge's scores after every round, or announce it out loud?

Thank you.
          When has this ever happened?

I know HBO show Harold Lederman's card but he's not a judge.

Comment

Originally posted by yyy222 View Post

Thank you.
            Hey pal. Sounds like you are new to watching the sport. So first of all, welcome to the forum!

Secondly, as the guys said, you won't see/hear any scoring during the fight if you attend live. You'll just have to wait until Michael Buffer reads the scores out at the end for the official verdict.

That's the way it is at all live venues, excluding some rare places were they reveal the scoring to the audience after 4 rounds completion. But this is very rare.

Comment

WHat we see on TV is not seen on the video screen inside the arenas

Comment

One more thing. The scores that the TV announcers give out are purely their own opinion. It's a rough guide for the audience member. The official verdict is down to the 3 judges, which is almost always kept secret, until read out by the ring announcer.

Comment

Was there open scoring in the Canelo fight yesterday? I remember Kellerman saying there will be but i dont remember

Comment

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
                    Hey pal. Sounds like you are new to watching the sport. So first of all, welcome to the forum!

Secondly, as the guys said, you won't see/hear any scoring during the fight if you attend live. You'll just have to wait until Michael Buffer reads the scores out at the end for the official verdict.

That's the way it is at all live venues, excluding some rare places were they reveal the scoring to the audience after 4 rounds completion. But this is very rare.
                    Originally posted by starjammer View Post
                    One more thing. The scores that the TV announcers give out are purely their own opinion. It's a rough guide for the audience member. The official verdict is down to the 3 judges, which is almost always kept secret, until read out by the ring announcer.
                    they gave out score in some europe fight after 4 round 8 round. judge score.
                    but people not like it.

so they don't do it no more.

Comment

Working...
                    X