Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Fight of the Year at the halfway stage?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Fight of the Year at the halfway stage?

Half way through 2012, my fight of year is probably still Ola Afolabi vs Marco Huck.

Lopez vs Ortiz was another good one because of the underdog factor, but Bailey vs Jones wasn't exciting enough to make the grade, even though the last few rounds before the KO were edge-of-seat stuff and it had that underdog factor too.

Froch vs Bute is another good one, not only because Froch was an underdog going in but also because he ended up virtually dominating Bute and stopping him early.

Mayweather vs Cotto wasn't bad either, Cotto did better than most against Mayweather. Not quite fight of the year material for me.

Tons of fights to choose from, what's your fight of the year so far in 2012?

none so far

Comment

Salido vs Lopez II

Comment

Ioka vs. Yaegashi maybe? I still have a lot of fights from this year to catch up with and some I want to rewatch.

I was thinking about making this thread so I could see what everyone says then check out the fights that might have slipped under my radar.

Comment

Originally posted by Fix View Post
          Froch vs Bute is another good one, not only because Froch was an underdog going in but also because he ended up virtually dominating Bute and stopping him early.
          Why? Cause you like Froch and he humiliated Bute? That fight did not last long enough to win FOTY IMO. What about Brook vs Jones this weekend? Hell of a fight too.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
            Salido vs Lopez II

this.......

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
              Salido vs Lopez II

This^^^

Comment

i think the victor ortiz fight was pretty exciting and should be considered

Comment

salido Lopez 2 no doubt in my mind

Comment

There's been none so far.

Comment

Working...
                    X