Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most overrated European fighter of the decade?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe Calzaghe by far. **** Europe, he's the most overrated on Earth lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
      They didn't beat Hopkins.

It's only Calzaghe's haters who ever mention his win over RJJ. Calzaghe's fans know that was just a glamour fight to bow out on, and that it meant nothing.
      This.

Allucard is a horrendously bad poster. Thanks for taking the 1 minute to strip his post of any conceivable logic.

As for overrated... I hate to say it but I'm going to say Kessler. Sure, the guy has had some good wins but both times he has stepped up he has lost wide decisions. Ward and Calzaghe and very, very good fighters but the way Kessler's fan carry on he is meant to be some Danish terminator who fires lasers from his traps.

Comment

Mikkel Kessler

A prime Calzaghe was good. He even had punching power, since his hands weren't f**ked. Although he shouldn't have ducked Roy Jones Jr...A fight between the two in their primes would have been great. I think RJJ would have won though.

Comment

Leave Calzaghe alone.

Ricky Fatton wins this award IMO.

Comment

Following Tunney/Carnivore/Kid Lavigne/Whoever he wants to call himself today's anti-American thread, for the sake of balance it's only fair to do a similar poll on European fighters.

So, who is the most overrated European boxer of the past ten years?
            Originally posted by The Beatles View Post
            Brian Nielson???
            Originally posted by cace View Post
            you only needed one name here and thats calzaghe
            Originally posted by jameshepenstall View Post
            None of these guys are/were overrated at all imo, you missed Amir Khan though, he is.
            Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
            Joe Calzaghe.

Hands down.
            Originally posted by PureBoxer View Post
            I don't think Calzaghe is as overrated as many think he is.

I know it's trendy to hate him, but he does have skills. His style is ugly with those "slaps", but effective. You don't move up in weight and beat Hopkins if you're overrated.
            Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
            Ricky hatton by a country mile.

Critique him for his slapping style & his best opponents age, but Calzaghe at least was visually a highly skilled & athletic fighter. Hatton i just cannot fathom how the british were so endearing to such a limited fighter. I dont get how he was entertaining to watch with all his hugging & smothering of opponents.
            I forgot about him, but he's really only come to prominence at the very end of the decade, plus he's far too young to make a fair judgement about him one way or the other, IMO. The way he's ducked Maidana is bad, though, but I still don't think someone who only really came to prominence in 2009 could reasonably be called the most over-rated European fighter of the entire decade.
            Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
            What he does is effective. His resume is my problem.
            Originally posted by `STEELHEAD View Post
            wlad this decade.
            sfarce ottke of the 20's and 90's

Mikkell Kessler by far is the most overated boxer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

People over here were not that impressed with Hatton and most reasonable minded boxing observers knew he had limitations. So how was he overrated?

Comment

anyone who says anything other than sven ottke has clearly never heard of sven ottke...

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
                  People over here were not that impressed with Hatton and most reasonable minded boxing observers knew he had limitations. So how was he overrated?
                  You could argue he was over-rated even in the States on the basis that after he beat Tszyu he was The Ring's P4P #4, and leading up to the Pacquiao fight, he was The Ring's P4P #8. I think he was a solid divisional champion who had a great career, and that he is under-rated by a lot of people now, but I wouldn't argue with anyone who said he didn't merit such high P4P ratings.

In the UK he was certainly over-rated, at least by the media. The UK press gave him a very good chance of winning the Mayweather fight, FFS.

Comment

i want to peak more than one fo rmi

Carl Froch and Hatton

Comment

Working...
                    X