Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Lomachenko go down as the GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He needs more on his resume, but he looks like it in terms of skill and talent. His trajectory is unbelievable. He made Rigo look like a joke, and he did it with skill.

People who don't see that are trying not to see it, or they simply don't know what they are looking at.

Comment

No, not likely. His career won't be long enough. Fighters who rely a lot on reflexes don't have longevity on their side. Just look at Roy Jones. Loma can go down as an ATG and HOF'er, but not GOAT.

Comment

It's pretty much impossible to become a consensus GOAT in boxing, especially not these days. Even if he went all the way up to 154 and won a title there boxing fans would still **** on him. It's just the way it is. You can never get credit for anything in boxing.

He does have a chance to get a great unique resume with basically no real record-padding on top of two Olympic gold medals.

Comment

Guess the noobs have never heard of guys like ray Robinson ray Leonard Roberto Duran Marvin hacker jc Chavez pernell Whitaker Roy Jones Floyd Mayweather Manny pcman

Comment

I can't comment on guys I didn't watch, even going back to watch won't help but Lomachenko is the best I've ever seen outside of Floyd Mayweather and I think he can be better.

Comment

what wins can he get to be the GOAT?

ali's not the GOAT and he has foreman, liston, fraizer, Quarry, patterson, lyle,

guy fought everyone.

he'd be hard pressed trying to be greater then sweet P.

to be the GOAT he would have to clear out a division, fight guys like crawford, garcia. and even get into the mix at 147 with your thurmans spences & porters. you think lomachenko would do all of this and win most of these bouts? he'd get smashed.

loma said that he wouldn't even fight crawford at 140 let alone do all of this.

i say all of that to say this.

this is EXACTLY what guys like sugar ray robinson did. even he'd never even catch up to manny at his age and this rate. he's done literally nothing compared to even manny. (thats why it has to be this way) we've had fighters in the sport literally really do it all.

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
                Did it tho ? Salido will always be remembered as the 50 fight veteran who almost got KO'd by a 2 fight amateur... after coming in the fight 20 lbs overweight. If that fight was 15 rounds like back in the day Salido would have been gone by the 13th round.

To ME, the Salido fight is basically a win on Lomachenkos record. IMHO.
                He lost but he won guys.

Comment

He will go down higher than floyd and ward thats for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                    No, not likely. His career won't be long enough. Fighters who rely a lot on reflexes don't have longevity on their side. Just look at Roy Jones. Loma can go down as an ATG and HOF'er, but not GOAT.
                    I think it is a fair point that his career prime will be relatively short. There will probably be less weight class jumping as well due to the age at which he turned pro.

I will disagree with the comparison to Jones somewhat. Yes, his reflexes and speed will slow down, but he has a much more solid technical base than Jones ever did. I don't think he will be boxing until the day he dies like Jones either

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                      He lost but he won guys.
                      Only on Boxingscene where a defeat constitutes as a victory.

Comment

Working...
                      X