Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it time to admit that Tyson would be too small for Wilder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there needs to be a time to admit that? then it cant be true.

Comment

I see prime Tyson having some problems with Fury. prime Tyson stops Joshua and Wilder easily IMO. Mike was very fast with great inside game and huge power.

All big 3 beat post prime Tyson after prison, IMO.

Comment

Carl Williams was pretty tall too.

Comment

Prime Tyson from the late 80s/90s has way more skills, has a heck of a chin and punches hard with bad intentions. He would be a handful. If we are talking about the tyson that is washed up, then it's different.

Comment

You guys saying that he would beat prime Iron Mike are idiots! You are a completely delusional fanboy if you really think so. Mike wouldn't take more than 3 rounds to ko him. Wilder is dependent on his right hand and he needs to throw it from long range in order to get the leverage on his straight right for the full power and it's not nearly as effective when thrown shorter than that. Mike would make him miss with his windmills and get underneath it with his ATG upper body movement and would hurt him bad with the very first counter. Also Mike had an iron chin, just watch the two Ruddock fights, when he was already out of his prime and not using nearly as much of his upper body movement as he used to, nor the same footwork and defense. He got hit with a tone of Ruddock's bombs and still beat him twice. 8 years past his prime he was taking Holyfield's bombs, than about 15 years past his prime, it took Lewis 8 rounds of hitting him with the kitchen sink in order to KO him and from what I remember Tyson still wasn't unconscious on the canvas, just too tired, hurt and discouraged to continue. Tyson would show Deontay the angles he've never seen. The reason I think it would take him, if not one round, than two rounds to KO him is because Wilder would be hurt no later than after throwing a first hard punch. He has no balance nor technique and when he's putting his whole weight behind his punches and missing with them, it would double the impact of the already heavy-handed Tyson's counters. I feel stupid for even having to break down for you something that a 5 year old boy would get.

Comment

if Wilder can beat AJ/Fury then he can compare to Prime Mike tyson

just prove it
              Last edited by Affogato`; 05-19-2019, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Prime Tyson would make Wilder miss and pay badly. Wilder would do the stanky lanky leg and be a highlight reel knockout victory for Tyson.

Comment

not entirely sure Wilder would have earned a title shot with tyson, given that his best wn is 40 year old ortiz, surely not a title eliminator in any other era.

Comment

Stylistically it would be hard fight for Wilder but he could still time the movement and lay Mike out. With all these big punching heavyweights it's a shootout as to who would land first. If it was a prime Mike Tyson then I'd probably favor Mike but if they fought 10 times it might be 6-4 or 7-3.

Comment

Originally posted by Offic.Scorecard View Post
                      You guys saying that he would beat prime Iron Mike are idiots! You are a completely delusional fanboy if you really think so. Mike wouldn't take more than 3 rounds to ko him.
                      As a fan of Wilder i say your being generous with 3 rounds , Iron Mike would clean him out in the 1st round , Wilder wouldnt know what had hit him .

Comment

Working...
                      X