No announcement yet.

Fedor destroyed Ishii

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G A M E View Post
    id still like to see him compete against this 'top level' tho...

fedor can still give them the ****s
    At this point he would be destroyed by Overeem and Santos. Cain and Cormier would beat him with their wrestling and outwork him. Barnett's groundgame may be too much for him at this time. I could see him winning against the others.

Comment

Originally posted by boxkickboxmma View Post
      At this point he would be destroyed by Overeem and Santos. Cain and Cormier would beat him with their wrestling and outwork him. Barnett's groundgame may be too much for him at this time. I could see him winning against the others.
      Overeem would be dangerous since hes a top level striker but not as good on the ground as Fedor. I think Fedor would win this but will be very close.

JDS would loose since he doesnt have a good enough striking and a worse ground game. Cain and Cormier would be the same. Fedor even dismantled Monson in a more dominant fashion than Cormier.

Josh would be another interesting fight. Josh like the Pride guys is actually pretty good on the ground and with his striking. Josh unlike Overeem also has cardio and a better chin. I give Fedor a slight edge in this encounter.

Your obviously a noob and a zombie who only saw the three wreckless Fedor fight, one where he went to ground against the best BJJ fighter in MMA, or got a doctor stopage because of a cut (he does cut easily).

Comment

Fedor can definitely still compete with anyone in the world.

Don't hold your breath on him fighting in the UFC though, it will never happen. I don't mean that as a negative, I don't think he should, just stating a fact.

He could hang with anyone on the UFC's roster. Based on styles, Overoided probably would be his toughest challenge. But it's the business/politics side of the fight game which will make sure these fights never happen. Zuffa's policy of refusing to work with anybody (which just got Overroidded's purse withheld, nice one Zuffa) is mostly to blame.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
          Fedor can definitely still compete with anyone in the world.

Don't hold your breath on him fighting in the UFC though, it will never happen. I don't mean that as a negative, I don't think he should, just stating a fact.

He could hang with anyone on the UFC's roster. Based on styles, Overoided probably would be his toughest challenge. But it's the business/politics side of the fight game which will make sure these fights never happen. Zuffa's policy of refusing to work with anybody (which just got Overroidded's purse withheld, nice one Zuffa) is mostly to blame.
          You my man is a scholar.

Fedor will definitely **** up anyone in the UFC, Overeem would be his toughest competition.

Its funny that M-1 was able to work with Dream and set up a fight so quickly, as well as being able to work with management and promotions all around the world. UFC on the other hands simply cant do business with others. Im sick and tired of the shady mafia tactics of the UFC, this was exemplified with their shady back stabbing of Golden Glory, the courts has even backed GG in this regard.

Comment

Originally posted by monaroCountry View Post
            Overeem would be dangerous since hes a top level striker but not as good on the ground as Fedor. I think Fedor would win this but will be very close.

JDS would loose since he doesnt have a good enough striking and a worse ground game. Cain and Cormier would be the same. Fedor even dismantled Monson in a more dominant fashion than Cormier.

Josh would be another interesting fight. Josh like the Pride guys is actually pretty good on the ground and with his striking. Josh unlike Overeem also has cardio and a better chin. I give Fedor a slight edge in this encounter.

Your obviously a noob and a zombie who only saw the three wreckless Fedor fight, one where he went to ground against the best BJJ fighter in MMA, or got a doctor stopage because of a cut (he does cut easily).
            LOL you're a troll man. Wake up, this isn't 2009 anymore. Fedor was knocked out by a LHW, outstruck by Bigfoot who got KO'd with ease in his last fight, and his groundgame is far from the same as it was in his prime as he was dominated in the grappling department in those 3 losses(Yes, even by Henderson).

I think it's very sad that you are still living in this delusion. I feel very sorry for you, most fedor fans have moved on from this fantasy but you just can't seem to deal with the fact that IT'S OVER. The only thing I'm hoping is that Fedor never fights a top level fighter again because that would mean another brutal defeat and I don't think your fragile little heart could handle that.

Comment

LOL you're a troll man. Wake up, this isn't 2009 anymore. Fedor was knocked out by a LHW, outstruck by Bigfoot who got KO'd with ease in his last fight, and his groundgame is far from the same as it was in his prime as he was dominated in the grappling department in those 3 losses(Yes, even by Henderson).

I think it's very sad that you are still living in this delusion. I feel very sorry for you, most fedor fans have moved on from this fantasy but you just can't seem to deal with the fact that IT'S OVER. The only thing I'm hoping is that Fedor never fights a top level fighter again because that would mean another brutal defeat and I don't think your fragile little heart could handle that.
              Typical ignorance. But what the hell, it's the age of internet, so everyone is an expert now.

Didn't read more than a couple lines, btw.

Comment

Typical ignorance. But what the hell, it's the age of internet, so everyone is an expert now.

Didn't read more than a couple lines, btw.
                Yet you would read all of monaro's fantastic posts that claim Fedor is still the #1 HW in the world and everybody else is a zombie hype machine? That tells a lot about you.

If there's something you don't agree with go ahead and tell me. Everything I said was true. My belief is that Fedor in 2012 is not a top 10 heavyweight, he'd lose to all the top 5 guys, and he is clearly past his prime. Most of the MMA community is able to live with this fact now.

Comment

Yet you would read all of monaro's fantastic posts that claim Fedor is still the #1 HW in the world and everybody else is a zombie hype machine? That tells a lot about you.

If there's something you don't agree with go ahead and tell me. Everything I said was true. My belief is that Fedor in 2012 is not a top 10 heavyweight, he'd lose to all the top 5 guys, and he is clearly past his prime. Most of the MMA community is able to live with this fact now.
                  "Everything I said is true"

Bullshit, everything you said is just typical hyperbole and ignorance.

Why are you talking to me about something Monaro said? Why don't you talk to him about that instead, and talk to me about what I said, eh buddy.

What I said is that Fedor is still a world class fighter.

I laid out pretty clearly my reasons for saying so.

All you do is say the sort of typical ignorant-based statements you can read on every MMA forum, including, but in no way limmited to, the use of triangle theories.

Don't expect me to take you seriously though, and so just spare yourself the time of accusing me of not doing so.

Comment

Strap on a pair of gloves or role on a mat for a bit and then talk to me.

I don't like to brag about it, but I have competed in a number of combat sports, including boxing, wrestling, judo, jiu jitsu, and no-gi grappling, and spent most of my life so far doing it. You are just a typical TUF newbie who doesn't know your ass from your elbow.
                    Last edited by Drunken Cat; 01-01-2012, 10:52 AM.

Comment

"Everything I said is true"

Bullshit, everything you said is just typical hyperbole and ignorance.

Why are you talking to me about something Monaro said? Why don't you talk to him about that instead, and talk to me about what I said, eh buddy.

What I said is that Fedor is still a world class fighter.

I laid out pretty clearly my reasons for saying so.

All you do is say the sort of typical ignorant-based statements you can read on every MMA forum, including, but in no way limmited to, the use of triangle theories.

Don't expect me to take you seriously though, and so just spare yourself the time of accusing me of not doing so.
                      Actually, everything I said were in fact FACTS:
                      -Fedor was knocked out by a LHW(be happy I didn't say 185lber because some do)
                      -outstruck by Bigfoot who got KO'd with ease in his last fight
                      -and his groundgame is far from the same as it was in his prime as he was dominated in the grappling department in those 3 losses(Yes, even by Henderson).

You say Fedor is still a world class fighter. What does that mean? You think he beats the top guys right now? Because that would show how ignorant and biased of a fanboy you really are.

I give him a good chance against the lower top 10 guys, but he's not beating guys like Overeem, JDS, Cain etc. aside from a punchers chance but everybody has a punchers chance. I thought his 3 losses in a row to top guys would tell you that. But I guess all he had to do was crush a few cans, and you're back on the bandwagon huh?

You're not talking to no hater here. Fedor is the HW GOAT and the legit top guy of the 00s, but not anymore. He is past his prime. See I'm saying he's past his prime, not EXPOSED or whatever real haters say. So don't try that game with me. I'm no hater i'm a realist unlike you.

Comment

Working...
                      X