Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the 411 on Andre Ward's career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the 411 on Andre Ward's career?

Stagnant should be his middle name. What is the deal? He hasn't fought in eight months. Anybody know why he doesn't seem to be in talks for a fight?

Originally posted by 5burowz View Post
    Stagnant should be his middle name. What is the deal? He hasn't fought in eight months. Anybody know why he doesn't seem to be in talks for a fight?
    He probably won't fight until his contract with Goosen is up.

Comment

I'm sick of people criticizing Andre Ward for not fighting as much as they like. He just fought in November last year and he's a regular contributor to the HBO broadcast - can't the guy relax already. If Ward wants to fight once a year, hell, if he wants to fight once every two years, we the fans are gonna wait patiently and rejoice when he does fight. Andre Ward is one of the greatest boxers to ever live, last thing he needs is some over zealous fans b1tching about his activity

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
        He probably won't fight until his contract with Goosen is up.
        Doubt it since Goosen keeps tacking on years for time not fighting.

Ward supposed to head to court next month

Comment

Done absolutely nothing of note in 3 years.

I couldn't care less about Ward at this point.

He's wasting his career way doing nothing.

Comment

When will somebody at 168 go challenge THE KING at 168 instead of waiting for him to make a move and instead of worrying about what is going on with his Promoter. Actually PATHETIC that Fighters and FANS want the Champions to go fukin Chase Down Challengers.

"Money" "He Is Not A Draw" all BS, do you know how much money you can potential make by upsetting the best in your division and the #2 P4P Fighter in the World so all this Money excuse that is actually a AWFUL EXCUSE if you think about it.

You take less to have the opportunity to beat a fighter on the Level of Ward because it is a Pot Of Gold if you do beat him. The problem is...none of them truly believe they can beat him so them and their fans just make up all kinds of just AWFUL EXCUSES
            Last edited by sicko; 07-29-2014, 05:44 PM.

Comment

He feels Goosen did his 'copromoter' and friend, Antonio Leonard, wrong, so he doesn't want Goossen to promote him at all anymore. Basically Goossen was getting him the fights, and his Antonio Leonard's job was to build up interest in the bay area for Andre. Leonard didn't have a promoters license, and when he got one, he was to be written into Wards promotion contract.

Leonard got his license, and Goossen more or less told him to **** off according to Andre. I'm sure Goossen's side of the story has something to do with that fact that Antonio Leonard has done exactly dick to increase Ward's drawing power in the bay; in fact Wards attendance numbers have decreased year after year.

So Ward has decided to take it to court. I disagree with him. If he thinks Leonard should be taken care of, he should have continued to fight and just come out of pocket for Leonard's services on the side. Goossen is 100% Wards actual promoter, so splitting the money 50-50 is a bit silly. Just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                I'm sick of people criticizing Andre Ward for not fighting as much as they like. He just fought in November last year and he's a regular contributor to the HBO broadcast - can't the guy relax already. If Ward wants to fight once a year, hell, if he wants to fight once every two years, we the fans are gonna wait patiently and rejoice when he does fight. Andre Ward is one of the greatest boxers to ever live, last thing he needs is some over zealous fans b1tching about his activity
                People also act like it is Andre's fault when it totally is not his fault. He has a terrible Promoter and a terrible Manager. This guy is clearly P4P #2 behind mayweather. People need to appreciate how good he is. He cleaned out the division. He has options to fight the good fighters that want to come up or could go to 175 and fight some of those fighters. He would clean out 175 as easily as he cleaned out 168. And people would still unfortunately hate on him. It is an awesome feeling to have a fighter from the Bay Area be one of the best Boxers on the planet. He needs to be in the ring. I just want to see him fight, I don't care who he fights. He is already an ATG in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                  He feels Goosen did his 'copromoter' and friend, Antonio Leonard, wrong, so he doesn't want Goossen to promote him at all anymore. Basically Goossen was getting him the fights, and his Antonio Leonard's job was to build up interest in the bay area for Andre. Leonard didn't have a promoters license, and when he got one, he was to be written into Wards promotion contract.

Leonard got his license, and Goossen more or less told him to **** off according to Andre. I'm sure Goossen's side of the story has something to do with that fact that Antonio Leonard has done exactly dick to increase Ward's drawing power in the bay; in fact Wards attendance numbers have decreased year after year.

So Ward has decided to take it to court. I disagree with him. If he thinks Leonard should be taken care of, he should have continued to fight and just come out of pocket for Leonard's services on the side. Goossen is 100% Wards actual promoter, so splitting the money 50-50 is a bit silly. Just my two cents.

Interesting...did not know all of those specifics.

Comment

This is all a he says she says.

Ward said they've sat down to discuss fights, but Goosen wouldn't have any of it.

Goosen said that he offered fights, but Ward said all of them were step backs.

Back to Court we go! I see this trilogy extending far beyond that

Comment

Working...
                    X