No announcement yet.

Cotto, the new Jermaine Taylor...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto, the new Jermaine Taylor...

Both these fighters are warriors having taken on any opponent put in front of them. I have the utmost respect for both of them..

Congrats first to Cotto for beating Yuri but this win just reminds me too much of when Taylor beat Lacy or RJJ beat Trinidad and Anthony Hanshaw. Just confidence builders, nothing more or less. Put him in the ring with the likes of an elite fighter such as Williams, Martinez and Pac and he'll get toasted, honestly. His chin has been checked and failed the test first against Margarito then Pac, and these guys will take full advantage of it (Pac again).

Kellerman knows this and was so right when he said Cotto should take a step down from the big fights. I agree too, he should take a leaf out of Taylor's books because if he steps it up from here (with a weak chin) we'll be looking at him face up in the 12th round just like Taylor vs Abraham or a bloody mess (again) just like RJJ vs Calzaghe. He's fought the best and should just take the easy road from here I suggest, or he'll end up a slurring mess later on in his life.

Spot on with the post I fully agree with you

Comment

I place a win over Foreman over a win over 170lb Trinidad or Jeff "would've, could've, should've" Lacy. Cotto can beat Williams becuse PWILL has atrocious defense but Martinez would tax that ass.

Comment

Exactly. He's in with the big shots now.

Comment

Originally posted by Valero 27-0 View Post
          I place a win over Foreman over a win over 170lb Trinidad or Jeff "would've, could've, should've" Lacy. Cotto can beat Williams becuse PWILL has atrocious defense but Martinez would tax that ass.
          Trinidad and Lacy are both better than foreman though.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
            **** outta here with that ****!!

Comment

A 170lb Trinidad is as good as.............no one.

Comment

Spot on with the post I fully agree with you
                Waz good Street? Don't think Cotto is done, but it is hard to see him beat any of those 3.

Comment

Foreman is better than Lacy man, You just hating now bro.

Tito at 170?

Comment

Cotto has a good fan base. Some money in the bank.

He should do a De La Hoya... drop the belt and expand his Promotions Company... It would be good for someone like him to rep' upcoming Puerto Rican fighters, with such a big heart he can channel it to supporting top talent.

Comment

Working...
                    X