No announcement yet.

What I do like about Marquez's chances

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I do like about Marquez's chances

i don't like jmm's chances. if jmm got a fight at 140 to get acclimated to fighting at such a high weight, I'd like his chances better.

we don't even know how he's gonna carry the weight.

What I do like about Marquez's chances

Is he punches when his opponent punches, he likes to mix it up...

I also think he has great timing, and timing always nullifies speed... not that Floyd obviously doesn't have great timing himself...

Thats what McGirt told Tarver when he fought Roy "PUNCH WHEN HE PUNCH"

It was perfect advice, and Marquez does this...

On a seperate note.. Floyd IS bigger then Marquez... he has been at welterweight for 4+ years, and has allowed his body to grow into the weight... and JMM has been at 135 for not even a year... but Floyds inactivity, helps to even it out a little... advantage still stays with Floyd though...

It takes time to grow into a weight, and Floyd has had that time... Marquez has not. I can gain 10 pounds in a week, that doesn't make me naturally 10 pounds heavier... Marquez may be able to put weight on, but it will not be a natural growth.

By the way, people need to realize.. Floyd HIMSELF isn't making this out to be a mega event... it's a tune up, he himself has said it's a tune up, because Marquez IS smaller then him... not even Floyd is pretending for this to be some HUGE match up... So calm down.

Comment

He HAS said that he thinks Marquez beat Pac in both fights, which is fine if that's his opinion... but he has still said he wants a tune up, and chose Marquez.

Comment

Good enough. Marquez will need more than that though..

Comment

He should throw lowblows.

Comment

Marquez can punch with Floyd and definitely land before him. I definitely believe that. If he can nullify Pac's speed, he can nullify Floyd's. But like you said- Mayweather has that same ability.. and probably in more abundance.

Comment

Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
              Marquez can punch with Floyd and definitely land before him. I definitely believe that. If he can nullify Pac's speed, he can nullify Floyd's. But like you said- Mayweather has that same ability.. and probably in more abundance.
              Difference between Pac's and Floyd's speed is that Pac is almost predictable with his punching where as Floyd strategizes more.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                Difference between Pac's and Floyd's speed is that Pac is almost predictable with his punching where as Floyd strategizes more.
                What's this. Did u give Floyd a compliment?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
                  What's this. Did u give Floyd a compliment?
                  he's a fan of floyd, are you not aware of this?

the difference with 2501 is that he's RATIONAL and not some ridiculous fanboy.
                  Last edited by rizkybizness; 05-12-2009, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by r ! z View Post
                    he's a fan of floyd, are you not aware of this?

2501 is that he's RATIONAL and not some ridiculous fanboy.
                    exactly..........

Comment

Working...
                    X