No announcement yet.

Just a bad night..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a bad night..

UGh.. Well I went boxing and I couldnt be ****ed with anything, then I start sparring and get the **** beat into me.

Its proberbly just one of those days.

But im starting to think whats the point? I get nervous everyday before I go boxing (Like 2 hours in advanced) so I cant do **** and feel awful, go there and get beat up.

Ahh If i feel fine during the day/night I enjoy it.. But just today.. Damn..

Originally posted by makaveli_uk View Post
    But im starting to think whats the point? I get nervous everyday before I go boxing (Like 2 hours in advanced) so I cant do **** and feel awful, go there and get beat up.
    I used to feel like that as well. How long you been going?

I been goin a year now, I feel Ok before but i always feel nervous before sparring.

Comment

my first time, every body in the gym was watching cause my 44 year old trainer was sparring me- no headgear though I had on the full 9 (how embarassing). i had a good first round with lots of movement to stay away and a couple of good punches landed, though I probably tired myself out too much. in the 2nd I was gassed and he laid it on me pretty good. I hung in there and took my beating, threw back what i could, and moved as much as i could. for the 3rd 3 minute round, i was reallly spent and i was a punching bag. i think i accidentilly threw two backhand punches on instinct and a few people watching laughed. luiz collazo was also there watching. talk about nerves. He was really cool and gave me pointers after though,

its all good. we all take beatings at first. try not to think about it until an hour before you go. than start stretching and get your game face on. taking a beating can be good for you. work on your defense and at the very least always keep your eyes on the punches so at least you can see what you're getting hit with. eventually you'll start seeing the punches before they hit you and you'll be able to slip, weave and counter, or just get your shot off first if you have good hand speed. also work on endurance so you can get on that bicycle when you have to.

good luck. dont overspar. if youre not competing- once a week is more than enough. also don't get in there with *******s that just wanna hurt you. make sure you are both trying to accomplish something... good luck bro.

Comment

Yoy get nervous? Why? Do ya not like it or you just gte beat up all the time. I look forward to goign boxing and sparring I sparred a heavyweight tonight and I am a featherweight and it wasn't ****. Just man up or try golf.

Comment

UGh.. Well I went boxing and I couldnt be ****ed with anything, then I start sparring and get the **** beat into me.

Its proberbly just one of those days.

Ahh If i feel fine during the day/night I enjoy it.. But just today.. Damn..
          Yeah I feel you man. I don't get nervous, but I just constantly think about going to the gym, and how much I don't want to go. When I first started out, I looked forward to it. Now, I don't so much anymore. After leaving the gym, however, I feel quite good.

I guess you just have to get used to getting nervous, or maybe seek help from a professional. If it was just a bad day, try to visualize what you can do next time to avoid it. If it happens quite often, talk to your trainer and see what you can do. Perhaps you're rushing things, and should spar less frequently and with people that are better suited to your skill level.

Good luck though man. Boxing is the toughest sport in the world, and it is no surprise that you will have bad days where you just want to quit everything. Keep your head up, and keep fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by sukhenkoy View Post
            Yeah I feel you man. I don't get nervous, but I just constantly think about going to the gym, and how much I don't want to go. When I first started out, I looked forward to it. Now, I don't so much anymore. After leaving the gym, however, I feel quite good.

I guess you just have to get used to getting nervous, or maybe seek help from a professional. If it was just a bad day, try to visualize what you can do next time to avoid it. If it happens quite often, talk to your trainer and see what you can do. Perhaps you're rushing things, and should spar less frequently and with people that are better suited to your skill level.

Good luck though man. Boxing is the toughest sport in the world, and it is no surprise that you will have bad days where you just want to quit everything. Keep your head up, and keep fighting.
            Thats exactly the same

I mean im getting help by a professional currently.. As i have anxiety problems.. But I mean I kept telling myself after that I shudnt beat myself up about it as the guy I was sparring is tall, 18 yrs old and does proper amateur matches - Im 15, been boxing 7 months and sparring for maybe 3 so i cant exp[ect to get the better of him.. But I felt as if I wanted to just walk out of the ring as I wasnt doing anything just covering up and walking in ...

Thanks guys you helped alot.

I dont wanna spend my life dreading going somewhere when it is only for 2 hours and when I get there I generally enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by P4PKING_2008 View Post
              Yoy get nervous? Why? Do ya not like it or you just gte beat up all the time. I look forward to goign boxing and sparring I sparred a heavyweight tonight and I am a featherweight and it wasn't ****. Just man up or try golf.
              I hear snookers one hell of a mans game these days aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by P4PKING_2008 View Post
                Thats a bit childish, but atleast you feel good.

Comment

Ok its the day after. I feel better and had a chat with a friend and he said he's had the same sort of days (He kickboxes).. I feel ok now but just gotta try focus on not getting nervous beforehand.

Comment

Ok its the day after. I feel better and had a chat with a friend and he said he's had the same sort of days (He kickboxes).. I feel ok now but just gotta try focus on not getting nervous beforehand.
                    Not getting nervous might just be something you can't get rid of. Like I said, I don't really get nervous, except for before sparring sessions, but I do hate every minute of my training. I forget who, but someone's signature on this forum has a quote from Muhammad Ali that reads something like "I hated every minute of training, but I did it anyway. That's what made me a champion". It might just be something that distinguishes this sport from others; the fact that the training and practices are so grueling compared to all other sports, but you persist in doing it.

When I played footy, I loved every minute of my practices because it was simply fun to play. The actual boxing is pretty enjoyable, but the training that comes to prepare you for the boxing is some of the hardest **** I've ever had to go through.

Comment

Working...
                    X