Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will you rather bring back. Prime Marvin Hagler(mw) or Prime Felix Trinidad (WW)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LMAO throwing a prime Hagler into today's middleweight division wouldnt even be fair. He beats the breaks out of every titleholder in the division

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
      fuck both, bring back prime Margarito
      Hagler and Trinidad would make cheato their B1tch worse than Sugar Shane.

Comment

they just don't make 'em like the marvelous one anymore...sorry to say...marvelous marvin hagler, had to fight a gazillion times, just to get a world title shot, and he had to fight everybody, regardless of style, 67 total fights, only hit the canvas once (most are still debating whether it was a legit punch, or a slip), 3 losses, 2 draws, all avenged except for the points loss to srl, who made him wait a gazillion years just to get the biggest superfight of his era...retired bitter from the srl loss, but on top...hagler fought in one of the toughest eras in lighterweight boxing, so putting him in with this current crop would be like slaughter..

that said, would love to see how prime felix trinidad, would fare with the current crop of welterweights and junior middleweights, and trinidad brought the $ too, so it would be interesting to see how mayweather fares against him...

Comment

big tito fan but id rather see marvin hagler come back.

Comment

Marvelous vs Maravilla, plz.

Comment

A prime Hagler would wipe out today's 160 division... he'd have no choice but to move up and fight Andre Ward... now that fight would be an awesome display pugilism... that fight's a toss up for me

Comment

Two of my all time favorites. I voted for Hagler because he stayed at 160 his whole career and defended his tittle against top contenders an average of 3 or 4 times a year for years. Who else ever did that?

Comment

Hagler though I am not sure many could even be somewhat competitive outside of Sergio.

Throw Golovkin to Hagler, see how tough he really is lol

Comment

Hagler donning his red WAR cap.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                      they just don't make 'em like the marvelous one anymore...sorry to say...marvelous marvin hagler, had to fight a gazillion times, just to get a world title shot, and he had to fight everybody, regardless of style, 67 total fights, only hit the canvas once (most are still debating whether it was a legit punch, or a slip), 3 losses, 2 draws, all avenged except for the points loss to srl, who made him wait a gazillion years just to get the biggest superfight of his era...retired bitter from the srl loss, but on top...hagler fought in one of the toughest eras in lighterweight boxing, so putting him in with this current crop would be like slaughter..

that said, would love to see how prime felix trinidad, would fare with the current crop of welterweights and junior middleweights, and trinidad brought the $ too, so it would be interesting to see how mayweather fares against him...
                      I personally would chose a prime Trinidad, not because he was better than Hagler, but because he was more flamboyant, and brought far more excitement to the fight night. Even his ring entrance and introductions were exciting, because he joined in himself, from sheer exuberance that he was going to fight for the public. As a side-note I believe he'd eat Mayweather alive, he would shoulder-roll himself into exhaustion or a TKO.

And I normally never cared a jot for ring entrances or introductions etc. the only one I liked was Trinidad's, even would suffer through Buffer's excruciating bellow-if he was on (I always turn Buffer's voice completely off) I don't recall if it was he or Jimmy Lennon. (Lennon is very good, far better than Buffer who makes a fake, chesty bellow, always on the very same monotonous note-I'm a life-long musician and it drives me crazy).
                      Last edited by edgarg; 12-20-2012, 02:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X