Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's Be Honest, Floyd Mayweather Is The Reason 90% Of You Still Follow Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn, and people call pac--tards fake boxing fans.

Would you look at this guy.

Comment

Adrian Broner and Bromos are waiting in the wing to take over whenever Mayweather retires..

Comment

Hating on floyd mayweather and hoping he loses definitely drives the shogunn's and oxn's of the world.

Comment

Threadstarter's real thread title:

"Let's Be Honest, Floyd Mayweather is 90% of the reason I, Mr. President of the Flomo Association, still follow boxing"

Comment

89% of those people watch him not because he is
            entertaining but he is controversial
            and also want to see him loose.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. President View Post
              This doesnt go for everyone on this site, but certainly the majority of you. There really isnt any other exciting fighters out there currently at the moment, and without Floyd being involved in this sport boxing would be incredibly bland right now.

For starts, the outstanding majority of you wouldnt check the latest news or frequent this site nearly as much (as evidenced by the fact that even Floyd's "haters" spend more time talking about him then they do about their own alleged favorite fighters). That's because there arent any fighters out there right now who can match his skill level or ability to create interest in the sport.

It should also be noted that if he decided to retire, PPV revenue would plummet to unseen lows. And to those of you who are gonna use the "Manny 'I have other people make my decisions for me' Pacquiao is still a big draw" card, the fact is that the reason he has so much hype behind him is because people are intrigued to see him fight Floyd. If you take Mayweather out of the equation, the interest in Pacquiao fades out.

I'm not saying that without him the sport would die out permanantly, because although no other fighter would be able to fill his shows right now (as far as boxing ability, camera savviness, and creating headlines goes), there will be others who will eventually rise to the top. But given boxings current state, and current crop of fighters out there right now, we're all incredibly lucky to have a fighter like Money Mayweather running the show. Without him this sport would be hurting worse than most of you probably care to admit.
              I've followed Floyd from the beginning of his career, so it's a bit dumb for me to just stop now. But I believe the 90% includes more of his devoted fan base if we're talking about genuine Boxing fans. Being he fights maybe once a year, why would I watch Boxing if it was just because of him? I find most of his fans only follow him, and when another big fight w/ out Pacquiao or Mayweather is at the forefront those same people either don't know or care about it. So the question becomes, are you a Boxing fan or simply a fan of Floyd Mayweather? When Floyd retires I'll still be a devoted fan to the sport.

Comment

Boxing wont be dead after Floyd retires. It might suffer from a PPV standpoint but it wont kill the sport outrite. More fights on HBO Championship Boxing is not a bad thing. It could be a blessing in disguise.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. President View Post
                  This doesnt go for everyone on this site, but certainly the majority of you. There really isnt any other exciting fighters out there currently at the moment, and without Floyd being involved in this sport boxing would be incredibly bland right now.

For starts, the outstanding majority of you wouldnt check the latest news or frequent this site nearly as much (as evidenced by the fact that even Floyd's "haters" spend more time talking about him then they do about their own alleged favorite fighters). That's because there arent any fighters out there right now who can match his skill level or ability to create interest in the sport.

It should also be noted that if he decided to retire, PPV revenue would plummet to unseen lows. And to those of you who are gonna use the "Manny 'I have other people make my decisions for me' Pacquiao is still a big draw" card, the fact is that the reason he has so much hype behind him is because people are intrigued to see him fight Floyd. If you take Mayweather out of the equation, the interest in Pacquiao fades out.

I'm not saying that without him the sport would die out permanantly, because although no other fighter would be able to fill his shows right now (as far as boxing ability, camera savviness, and creating headlines goes), there will be others who will eventually rise to the top. But given boxings current state, and current crop of fighters out there right now, we're all incredibly lucky to have a fighter like Money Mayweather running the show. Without him this sport would be hurting worse than most of you probably care to admit.
                  Yes not exactly a secret although many will deny it. I completely agree with everything you said sir.

Comment

its definatley the reason they come to this web site, the only threads that get attention are the ones with him or his family involved, and its full of hate... then they call the ones that support them dicryders???

Comment

90%? damn! Where did that supposed STAT/FACT come from?

Comment

Working...
                      X