Clear All

• Davey Moore vs Vernon Forrest

@154 of course

who wins and how

bump .

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
      bump .
      Sorry, I thought you wanted to discuss this on the other thread, I put a tentative vote for Forrest,,,.. I'm not sure if it is his best weight though. I would have posted earlier but I missed this thread,,,, so anyway your thread is on it's way. I'm sure you are more comfortable with these two.... You have an advantage on me here maybe.

Comment

I think its a tough fight I lean toward Forrest. He just has to survive the 1st 4 rounds or so

Comment

I think its a tough fight I lean toward Forrest. He just has to survive the 1st 4 rounds or so
          What would you say were the three best films of each boxer ????..... I would like to study them without the sound, especially Moore,.... is Forrest more of a Welterweight ??

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
            What would you say were the three best films of each boxer ????..... I would like to study them without the sound, especially Moore,.... is Forrest more of a Welterweight ??
            Forrest, in my opinion, was definitely a better welterweight and I think I'd probably lean toward Moore very slightly, probably based on his wins over Kalule, Tadashi Mihara (who was himself a very good fighter actually and could have been Moore's best fight: in the sense of being a real great underrated war) and Benitez.

However, Forrest could just as easily win it. Moore was sometimes too easy to hit and even willingly took it it seemed just so he could show he could back with something better, but he had some decent boxing skill, speed and power and a big heart. I'm basing it nearly all on the fact at his best Moore was a big, and actually very good 154 pounder and Forrest was best at 147. He could have been so much more without the Duran fight and with proper management. Completely ruined him. Greedy ****s.

Comment

Hmmm, I have to disagree. Of every fight I've seen from Moore, he's a very slow starter. Classic type that could lose the first few rounds, especially to Forrest, rather than be dangerous. I think it's probably the opposite. Moore has to be careful not to lose too many or get hurt early and then have his usual mid and late fight come on. He took a few rounds to warm up usually.

The earliest KO of his I've seen was his TKO of Benitez. That was as much Benitez being spazzed out by some brutal punches and injuring himself, although Moore had pounded the ****e out of him after knocking him down in the first then beating him up the rest of the fight before he screwed his ankle.

I think if Forrest could work his jab, which he seemed to do so, so much better at 147, then he could win. Otherwise I think it's probably Moore.
              Last edited by BennyST; 10-12-2011, 09:44 AM.

Comment

i thumbed the **** out of moore. lulz

Comment

Davey would win by late round stoppage. Too much heart for Vernon.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite76 View Post
                    Davey would win by late round stoppage. Too much heart for Vernon.
                    Are you claiming Forrest didn't have heart?

I'll take Vernon in a close decision.

Comment

Working...
                    X