No announcement yet.

Forgotten trilogy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgotten trilogy

Emil griffith vs Nino Benvenuti ,Great classic Emil was opened for that right uppercut but he was setting up his own rights with Jab ,allways was Emill fan but the more i watch Nino the more i like him,another classic with Nino is his first fight with Monzon ,probably best MW generation Nino Monzon and Emill just watch and enjoy.

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
    Emil griffith vs Nino Benvenuti ,Great classic Emil was opened for that right uppercut but he was setting up his own rights with Jab ,allways was Emill fan but the more i watch Nino the more i like him,another classic with Nino is his first fight with Monzon ,probably best MW generation Nino Monzon and Emill just watch and enjoy.
    oft forgotten because their wasn't a lot of blood, knockdowns or huge punchers.

Nino is an ATG is doesn't get his due....one of the best ever at 154-160 and he got that val barker award in the same Olympics as Ali? you know he was special

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      oft forgotten because their wasn't a lot of blood, knockdowns or huge punchers.

Nino is an ATG is doesn't get his due....one of the best ever at 154-160 and he got that val barker award in the same Olympics as Ali? you know he was special
      Yep the way he dismantled Emil in 1st fight ,also Many Rivals in boxing became good friends ,Emill is a godfather of Ninos child, it make me Wonder if Pac and Floyd will be good friends ,agree this guy is ATG and great pure boxer but Monzon is greatest MW of All the Time(another good friend of Nino lol)

Comment

I'll take the fights of Benvenuti vs Monzon any day, specially the first.
        But it was a great trilogy though.

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
          I'll take the fights of Benvenuti vs Monzon any day, specially the first.
          But it was a great trilogy though.
          First was Great, crawd was Great ,both guys showed skills and chin ,im falling in Love with Monzon Jab again when i rewatch fights like this ,great fight between good friends,do you think it was best MW era?I think so

Comment

First was Great, crawd was Great ,both guys showed skills and chin ,im falling in Love with Monzon Jab again when i rewatch fights like this ,great fight between good friends,do you think it was best MW era?I think so
            In the late 80's early 90's, from 154 to 168 it was just loaded.
            McCallum, Nunn, Jackson, Jones, McClellan, Nunn, Kalambay, Graham, Eubank, Toney, Hopkins, Watson, etc...

Comment

In the late 80's early 90's, from 154 to 168 it was just loaded.
              McCallum, Nunn, Jackson, Jones, McClellan, Nunn, Kalambay, Graham, Eubank, Toney, Hopkins, Watson, etc...
              This are All good names and some had only an episode in MW but it was fun era ,for me Monzon is GOAT of MW and his fellow ATG in Nino and Emill was epic to watch ,just my opinion doe, one thing im sure of is that Monzon beats SRR H2H ,50s was also a good era

Comment

This are All good names and some had only an episode in MW but it was fun era ,for me Monzon is GOAT of MW and his fellow ATG in Nino and Emill was epic to watch ,just my opinion doe, one thing im sure of is that Monzon beats SRR H2H ,50s was also a good era
                Emile was better at 147 than 160, and 154 would have been his perfect weight, but it came when he was too old.
                Monzon was a great fighter, but i take Ray to beat him.
                The two are in the top 5 middleweights for sure.

Comment

Emile was better at 147 than 160, and 154 would have been his perfect weight, but it came when he was too old.
                  Monzon was a great fighter, but i take Ray to beat him.
                  The two are in the top 5 middleweights for sure.
                  For me his to Small ,he tried to beat maxim but get Koed?nvm he lost ,Ray was outside boxer just like Monzon but Carlos was longer and bigger, would be funny match but i take Carlos by KO any Day of a week . you are right depending on ranking they are allways 1 and 2 .Emill is Great and he was MW champ so no excuses xD

Comment

For me his to Small ,he tried to beat maxim but get Koed?nvm he lost ,Ray was outside boxer just like Monzon but Carlos was longer and bigger, would be funny match but i take Carlos by KO any Day of a week . you are right depending on ranking they are allways 1 and 2 .
                    He lost to Maxim, but it was because he collapsed from the heat, he was winning the fight in all the scorecards and the referee also collapsed, it was too much heat.
                    The difference for me was that Ray could throw combinations at the kind of speed, power and accuracy that Monzon never saw, besides the consistence, Monzon didn't bring to the ring something that Ray never saw.

Comment

Working...
                    X