No announcement yet.

Cant Compare 1st fight to Second Fight Cotto vs Marg

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant Compare 1st fight to Second Fight Cotto vs Marg

I dont know why people think they can compare the first fight to the second one.

First Fight.

147lbs
    8oz cleto reyes glove
    Both were prime

Second Fight
    153lbs
    10oz everlast
    Both Fighters were shot, One with a bad Eye

Just those alone you cant compare the fights, But if you did lto me it ooked like only thing saving cotto was clinching at the end round 10 looked excatly like round 10 of their last fight. Margarito was putting it on Cotto and he revert back to the same old style which was head straight back into the rope but this time he wasnt to prideful to clinch.

Wish we saw a complete fight, To me looks like tony was turning the fight his way and cotto had that same look in his eyes.

what you guys think

agreed it shuldve went the distance

Comment

either way..cotto boxed great,and tony was a warrior till the end

Comment

I agree. Can't compare. It was an ok win for Cotto. He got his revenge and him and his fans will probably sleep better at night, but realistically it was just a notch above Rafa Marquez beating Vazquez in their 4th fight.

Comment

Cotto was landing too many good straight lefts and would have continued to do so.

As long as Cotto kept boxing backwards, making Tony come forward at him, he would keep eating Cotto's lefts.

Comment

cotto was able to recompense the victory because of the defence wonderful in this match. war cotto!

Comment

Yeah, not slightly comparable. I went and rewatched the first fight. The first two rounds alone set up so vastly different. The pace of the fight alone was so much faster. Margarito still had snap on his punches and he wasn't nearly as slow as yesterday.

The biggest thing however, and most forget this (which is why they think Cotto's face suddenly busted up at the end of the fight), is that Margarito was landing a lot very early on, hurting Cotto and busted up his face in the second round. In fact, the second round was pretty brutal and Cotto took a bad pasting to the body and head.

Supposedly plastered gloves don't take effect until late when they are wet and have hardened and the gloves' padding has been worn and yet his face was being ****ed up at the very start of the fight, not because Margarito had funny gloves, but because Cotto's face does bust up easily and Margarito was landing major league flush uppercuts, right hands and hooks really early and landing them a lot. He also had much more head movement and was defensively better than yesterday.

You only need to watch the first two rounds to see how different they were. Cotto was back-pedalling a lot and getting caught on the ropes, unlike yesterday when he moved less, turned Margarito, clinched when needed and kept the centre beautifully.

People say the start of this fight was the same as their last one. No. It wasn't. At all. It was so different it's not even worthy of basic comparison. Cotto had learned and implemented solid tactics and Margarito looked flat out shot compared to their last go. Margarito was landing so, so much more than yesterdays fight and that's why he could do damage, not because of dodgy gloves.

Just watch the second round here. This is the second round starting about .30 in. It starts at about 1.45 of the round when Margarito lands a big body shot that doubles Cotto over. At about 1.35 Marg lands a massive right that staggers Cotto and it goes on. Cotto also lands some big shots, just like yesterday, but Margarito took them differently. Instead of stopping and smiling he just kept throwing and getting closer. They both landed an equal amount of punches (most remember Cotto easily landing more every round which wasn't the case at all) but Margarito's in that round were hard body shots and flush uppercuts.

I do find it funny how Lampley sounds utterly besotted with Cotto at times. He gets angry at Steward and Kellerman for questioning if Cotto can sustain the pace for the full 12 against Margarito who gets stronger. Funny stuff. Sounds like a dick.

As for Margarito finishing the fight and having more of a chance to win. Nah, I don't agree. Cotto had more left, he wasn't nearly as tired and was still stronger, in my opinion, than Margarito was. In the first fight Margarito was hurting Cotto and putting rounds and damage in the bank very early in the fight and landing throughout the whole fight and it still took to the end of round 11. He hardly landed anything in this fight of any significance and Cotto was hurting him much more. Margarito is shot to **** and needs to finish. His eye is ****ed bad. Cotto looked good yesterday in comparison and might have even stopped Margarito late.
              Last edited by BennyST; 12-04-2011, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kimmiblob View Post
                I dont know why people think they can compare the first fight to the second one.

First Fight.

147lbs
                8oz cleto reyes glove
                Both were prime

Second Fight
                153lbs
                10oz everlast
                Both Fighters were shot, One with a bad Eye

Just those alone you cant compare the fights, But if you did lto me it ooked like only thing saving cotto was clinching at the end round 10 looked excatly like round 10 of their last fight. Margarito was putting it on Cotto and he revert back to the same old style which was head straight back into the rope but this time he wasnt to prideful to clinch.

Wish we saw a complete fight, To me looks like tony was turning the fight his way and cotto had that same look in his eyes.

what you guys think
                You forgot the mention the most crucial difference: Margaritto was hammering Cotto with bricks in the first fight.

Comment

I agree with everything but cotto stoping margarito.also cotto did run more and clinched..i mean wouldnt u want to prove everyone that margarito cant hurt uou and make you take a knee?? I would have..he should have traded instead. Which makes me believe margarito never cheated
                  Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                  Yeah, not slightly comparable. I went and rewatched the first fight. The first two rounds alone set up so vastly different. The pace of the fight alone was so much faster. Margarito still had snap on his punches and he wasn't nearly as slow as yesterday.

The biggest thing however, and most forget this (which is why they think Cotto's face suddenly busted up at the end of the fight), is that Margarito was landing a lot very early on, hurting Cotto and busted up his face in the second round. In fact, the second round was pretty brutal and Cotto took a bad pasting to the body and head.

Supposedly plastered gloves don't take effect until late when they are wet and have hardened and the gloves' padding has been worn and yet his face was being ****ed up at the very start of the fight, not because Margarito had funny gloves, but because Cotto's face does bust up easily and Margarito was landing major league flush uppercuts, right hands and hooks really early and landing them a lot. He also had much more head movement and was defensively better than yesterday.

You only need to watch the first two rounds to see how different they were. Cotto was back-pedalling a lot and getting caught on the ropes, unlike yesterday when he moved less, turned Margarito, clinched when needed and kept the centre beautifully.

People say the start of this fight was the same as their last one. No. It wasn't. At all. It was so different it's not even worthy of basic comparison. Cotto had learned and implemented solid tactics and Margarito looked flat out shot compared to their last go. Margarito was landing so, so much more than yesterdays fight and that's why he could do damage, not because of dodgy gloves.

Just watch the second round here. This is the second round starting about .30 in. It starts at about 1.45 of the round when Margarito lands a big body shot that doubles Cotto over. At about 1.35 Marg lands a massive right that staggers Cotto and it goes on. Cotto also lands some big shots, just like yesterday, but Margarito took them differently. Instead of stopping and smiling he just kept throwing and getting closer. They both landed an equal amount of punches (most remember Cotto easily landing more every round which wasn't the case at all) but Margarito's in that round were hard body shots and flush uppercuts.

I do find it funny how Lampley sounds utterly besotted with Cotto at times. He gets angry at Steward and Kellerman for questioning if Cotto can sustain the pace for the full 12 against Margarito who gets stronger. Funny stuff. Sounds like a dick.

As for Margarito finishing the fight and having more of a chance to win. Nah, I don't agree. Cotto had more left, he wasn't nearly as tired and was still stronger, in my opinion, than Margarito was. In the first fight Margarito was hurting Cotto and putting rounds and damage in the bank very early in the fight and landing throughout the whole fight and it still took to the end of round 11. He hardly landed anything in this fight of any significance and Cotto was hurting him much more. Margarito is shot to **** and needs to finish. His eye is ****ed bad. Cotto looked good yesterday in comparison and might have even stopped Margarito late.

Comment

HAHA GTFO! Yea ur boy looked really nice running and clinching the whole time. Seriously what a real manly way to prove you can take someones punch
                    Originally posted by winky's right View Post
                    You forgot the mention the most crucial difference: Margaritto was hammering Cotto with bricks in the first fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X