No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Drops, Stops Alexander Povetkin in Seventh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
    First off, very good breakdown of the fight, I agree with your assessment; Now in defense of my comments...It wasn't a direct correlation between AJ's fight with Povetkin and me thinking Wilder beats him....its been more of a slow gradual change in my stance. Povetkin is a polar opposite in physical and technical levels compared to Wilder. I didn't see a specific weakness or tendency in AJ's fight that has swayed me. I think Wilder is at the apex of what he will be and I think AJ is still growing; the longer this fight takes to be made the better AJ's chances are IMHO. If this fight takes place in April, I think Deontay probably wins. I may be completely wrong in this assessment but I think Wilder knows who he is for better or worse. He knows he's not the most skilled boxer or the most technically sound but he has supreme confidence in his power. He knows he can lose multiple rounds and be hurt but all he needs to do is land his dynamite. Sometimes I feel like AJ is still trying to figure out who he is as a fighter. He has more facets to his game than DW but sometimes I think he doesn't know which one he really wants to showcase.
    I'd say that's a poor assessment. He also alluded to the idea that triangle theories should be considered in boxing. They don't work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big dawg lani View Post
      Good fight now make the wilder Fiasco

....he better beat Fury in December.

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
        I disagree. Ortiz is the stronger, more durable and bigger puncher of the two.
        I like Ortiz, I just think Povetkin fought better names. As for durability and strength, it's debatable, they both have nice highlights. FTR, I had Povetkin ahead 5-1 when Joshua stopped him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Halama86 View Post
          I like Ortiz, I just think Povetkin fought better names. As for durability and strength, it's debatable, they both have nice highlights. FTR, I had Povetkin ahead 5-1 when Joshua stopped him.
          I agree. Povetkin has fought the better names and has the better resume. However, it is largely due to Ortiz being often unnoticed, ignored, avoided and ducked.

Also, I must disagree. Sure when Povetkin was in his prime; Perhaps they were both as equally as strong and durable; Even though Ortiz outweighed him by some 20 odd pounds or more.

However, at this point of their careers; I believe that Ortiz' will beat Povetkin. I say that because Ortiz has the better stamina, defense, reflexes, balance, chin, counter punching ability and is overall the better fighter than this current 39 year old version of Alexander Povetkin.

In other words, King Kong has a lot more left in the tank in my opinion. For instance, I am more than convinced, if that was Ortiz in the ring with Joshua, instead of Povetkin on last Saturday night he would have been victorious.

Comment

Working...
          X