Broner thinks he is Floyd!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and then.....

Comment

Someone forgot to tell him that at 130, Mayweather actually threw a ton of punches.

Comment

Broner is like the dollar store version of Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
          Someone forgot to tell him that at 130, Mayweather actually threw a ton of punches.
          hes emulating the modern day floyd, lmao. anyways, i think he'll have to learn that and understand that or hes gonna have a hard time against top fighters like uchiyama etc.

Comment

Haha, you're late bro. I made that comparison when Cash Cow made that Broner thread.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
              Haha, you're late bro. I made that comparison when Cash Cow made that Broner thread.
              No, I've known that he wants to be like Floyd. I was specifically tallking about this weigh in thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
                I'd say he's a better entertaining trash talker than Floyd[if that counts]. They're both lame at trash talking though. He's definitely trying too hard of emulating Floyd's fighting style and persona.
                It's fine if he wants to imitate the persona, it works for Floyd, but he should stop trying to fight like Floyd so much. It doesn't look the least bit natural to me when he tries to pull off that style.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  It's fine if he wants to imitate the persona, it works for Floyd, but he should stop trying to fight like Floyd so much. It doesn't look the least bit natural to me when he tries to pull off that style.
                  Doesn't work too well for him but the way he set up that uppercut in his last fight was Floyd-esque, similar to the Floyd-Gerena fight. He also defends pretty well against the ropes, doesn't counter off of the ropes though. I'd rather he find a more comfortable style but maybe he'll become more accustomed to this style, plus he's young, still a lot of time. It's not like the Katsidis-Mitchell fight where Mitchell all of a sudden decided that he was going to use the philly shell defense only to get stopped, I'll never forget that

Comment

Floyd started trash talking when he became a pro and started calling himself the best p4p the night of his 10th fight and i believe he called out a few boxers, if i remember right one was Gatti.

Floyd one and only style is very smart to learn, will there ever be another Floyd. No but Broner could come real close

Comment

I'll post some videos from the weigh-in and pictures later on. But I posted this picture to my twitter account. We were hanging out at the firehouse with my dad (fire captain and former boxer), Evander and Mark Breland.

Comment

Working...
                      X