Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should boxing implement a 13th round if and only if after 12 rounds fight is a draw?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think fights should be 13 rounds long. They should be contracted as such. I don't like the 12 rounds and one more concept though. Too gimmicky

Comment

and what happens if a fighter wins the 13th round and the same fighter gets a point deducted for a foul?
      it would be scored a draw again...

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
        Assumptions are bad. I don't know you, and you don't know me - keep it that way.
        So you are assuming that I am an azzhole? ……..Rockin'

Comment

just let it be fight goes on till one man gets knocked out/gives up

no need for draws, no need for "running away", no need for corrupt judges

Comment

Nah they should just go 11 rounds instead of 12

Comment

Draws are part of boxing. As others have point out, this just wouldn't make sense logistically. Adrenaline has gone down, 10-15 minutes to have a 13th round after fight, kicking everybody out of the ring, ect.

Comment

Originally posted by Gigantes View Post

Absolutely. Fight until someone quits or gets stopped.

Comment

Make it 11 or 13, but you can't stop all momentum of a fight to do scores. Fight must go until finished.

11 or 13.

Comment

Originally posted by Gigantes View Post

Canelo would've killed your boy after their 2nd fight...which is why Gennady wants no part of a 3rd fight XD

Comment

• After the fight ends, I’m not waiting 10-15 minutes, giving respect to my opponent, their corner, etc. Only to be told to get back in there for an OT round.

Sure there’s a bunch of fights that after the 12th round I thought “damn I wish we still had 15 rounders!” But it is what it is.

Comment

Working...
                      X