Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lou DiBella Calls 'Bull****' On Those Claiming They Picked Ruiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lou DiBella Calls 'Bull****' On Those Claiming They Picked Ruiz

NEW YORK Lou DiBella has heard and read from plenty of people claiming since Saturday night that they picked Andy Ruiz Jr. to upset Anthony Joshua. The outspoken promoter doesn't believe any of them. DiBella did acknowledge Wednesday, though, that there were a lot people within the boxing industry confused when promoter Eddie Hearn and Joshua chose Ruiz as Jarrell Miller's replacement once Miller tested positive for three performance-enhancing drugs.
    [Click Here To Read More]

show me the betting ticket.

he was a 12/1 underdog in las vegas. biggest upset on the books in a major fighht at HW since rahman planked lennox lewis from what i can see.

Comment

They ridiculed that man, they called him names. Well now......

Comment

Hearing Lou DiBella yell about shit always warms my heart. Dude is one of moderns boxing's great personalities.
        Last edited by paulf; 06-06-2019, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Yeah, there's a fair few people who didn't know who he was and laughed at him because of his appearance, who now want to claim they called it. The same guys who claimed Miller was a better fight based on nothing but his trash talk.

Real boxing fans knew who Ruiz was, and that he was a very decent fighter. Still, I don't know many/any who picked him to win. I know I certainly didn't.

Comment

Nobody picked Ruiz to win but Ruiz and those close to him. Many Wilder or Fury fanboys may have wanted him to win or at least make Joshua look awful, but nobody really believed it would happen the way it did. I think the footage of Usyk, Parker and Malignaggi at ringside said it all; Magic man can usually chat 'til the cows come home, but his chin was on the floor, eyes unblinking in shock, and he was utterly speechless.
            Personally I thought Ruiz would trouble Joshua early on in a similar way to Povetkin, before getting ko'd around the same round he ended up KO-ing Joshua.
            We all fell into the trap of thinking there's no way someone who looks like a chubby trucker can beat someone who's built like a statue of a Greek god.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
              Hearing Lou DiBella yell about shit always warms my heart. Dude is one of moderns boxing's great personalities.
              He sounds like an angry Seth Rogan IMO.

Comment

NC Uppercut, DiBella is calling bs on your pick

Comment

I'll keep it real and say this.

When I found out about the fight I was excited because I've seen Ruiz' hand speed.

I also talked with my significant other over not understanding why people were sleeping on Ruiz and told her this is going to be a great fight.

That's it. I didn't pick him, but I didn't think it was going to be AJ running over Andy.

In the end I just thought it was going to be a close, great fight, but definitely not the epic battle that we saw, and no, I didn't flat out pick Andy to win either.

Still, I think my observations pre fight are to be noted!!

Comment

When I watched a couple of Ruiz’ fights and watched him workout, I told my wife and kids that this guy had a great shot at pulling this off. After seeing them face to face at the weigh in, I said “Ya know what, forget I said that. This dude clearly is in way over his head”. Wish I hadn’t said that.

Comment

Working...
                    X