No announcement yet.

Mayweather ducker or no??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather ducker or no??

I am a Mayweather fan, today in his press conference, I heard that said he did not fight with the boxers Bob Arum, Arum puts it to fight with. My question is, these guys were Bob Arum? I ask because I do not know

Kostya Tszyu
    Acelino Freitas
    Artur Grigorian
    Joel Casamayor
    Paul Spadafora

I just saw Mayweather calling out Freitas and Casamayor

The only boxer he legitimately ducked was Margarito.

But how much improvement does Margarito do to a mans resume? hardly much IMO.

A warrior but a very minimum skill set which style suits Mayweather to a tee.

Comment

Floyd is what he said are speculations that Arum, What I wonder is if the fighters Arum avoid some other

Comment

No he's not a ducker

Comment

It could be argued that any boxer is a ducker or will be. Theres always gonna be people who think a fighter shouldve fought someone other than who theyre fighting. With a limited career length and recovery time between fights, it would be almost impossible for a boxer to take all the fights to please all their critics. Throw timing into the mix and its an even bigger disaster for a boxer to avoid being labeled a ducker.

Comment

No one answered my question. Cotto, Margarito, Clottey, Pacquiao are of Top Rank. layers and for that reason never fought Floyd. But I want to know is if the list were boxers Arum, I think out of the 4 I put in the beginning are the best fighters who could have faced

Comment

in part yes, but so is pretty much every a-list fighter. It is usually the guy thats the lesser star that calls out the bigger star.

Comment

Originally posted by Born2Live View Post
                The only boxer he legitimately ducked was Margarito.

But how much improvement does Margarito do to a mans resume? hardly much IMO.

A warrior but a very minimum skill set which style suits Mayweather to a tee.

He never ducked Margarito,Floyd fought Baldomir who was the legitimate champ at welterweight while Margarito had a paper title with no big wins.Plus Floyd would have fought Margarito if Arum would have guaranteed him 20 mil for Delahoya and 10 mil for Cotto and and 10 mil for Hatton but Arum said no to 20 mil for Delahoya and only guaranteed him 7 mil for Cotto and 7 mill for Hatton.So Floyd bought out his contract and signed with Goosen.

Comment

Working...
                X