Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Guarantee that Floyd vs Marquez will reach close to or slightly over 1 million buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is going to be hard to break a million when it is free everywhere else but here in the US

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
      Want to bet?

100K it doesn't do more then 700K?

Ok

Sig it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
        There is a lot of hate from hardcore boxing fans, but for a regular person who doesn't watch boxing it does not matter what weight JMM comes from or who Floyd should be fighting instead. Housewifes and young ladies don't watch boxrec statistics they watch 24/7. This fight will certainly sell more PPV than Pacman-Cotto, partly because of the boring 24/7 with them and **** promotion of the old man.
        What hardcore boxing fans , the haters are not hardcore , hardcore understand the sport they dont hate anyone !!

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
          why is it that Mayweather can sell a ppv but not a seat?
          this thought has come to my mind plenty a times.

The fans that usually go to the fights are the hardcore nationalistic ones, sadly African American fans don't support their fighters like lets say the Flips,Ricans,Brits,Mex.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
            I'll say 550-600K PPV buys.
            Ya now, it's weird. I would have said the same range. But then I sit and think about it, and Trinidad-Wright did 525K.

Doesn't this fight "feel" MUCH bigger than Trinidad-Winky?

I dunno how much of that publicity and buzz will translate to people hitting the "buy" button.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post

Ok

Sig it.
              Sure thing

I want to be wrong by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
                I'd love to know what the UK buyrates will be. They're promoting it quite a lot over here.
                They're not showing on PPV in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
                  Ya now, it's weird. I would have said the same range. But then I sit and think about it, and Trinidad-Wright did 525K.

Doesn't this fight "feel" MUCH bigger than Trinidad-Winky?

I dunno how much of that publicity and buzz will translate to people hitting the "buy" button.
                  Yeah but UFC and all, I don't know. How much you think it'll do? This is interesting stuff to me, want to see who gets it right and who doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post

The fans that usually go to the fights are the hardcore nationalistic ones, sadly African American fans don't support their fighters like lets say the Flips,Ricans,Brits,Mex.
                    That's another point. I see the african american fan base coming out in there support of him. I havent seen that since shane beat oscar.

Comment

Originally posted by mikedb1984 View Post
                      That's another point. I see the african american fan base coming out in there support of him. I havent seen that since shane beat oscar.

I'm not saying they don't support their fighters because they do, it's just not the extent like other hardcore nationalistic fans. I was working at the MGM when Tito fought Winky and there were a good amount of Black dudes that flew in for the fight but there were way more Ricans.

Comment

Working...
                      X