This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by betmen View Post
    Contrary i think they are the best fans in sport. They are not fanatic, they have the highest standard. Classic enemy players like Del piero, Ronaldinho, Messi all have receive standing ovation by Bernabeu crowd. Real Madrid's Prseident's and Manager's chair are the hottest seat in all sports. Look at them, they are the greatest football team through-out history and one of the reason of that are high expectation of their fans. Unlike certain merseyside who become accustomed of mediocrity because their fans are in denial and keep clinging to old glory
    I don't think Spanish fans in general are particularly good fans.

They don't travel. They take miniscule away support. Other than maybe the CL.

Real Madrid fans wave their white flags when they're not beating FC Paella 3 nil at half time. That isn't really what fandom is about. I'm negative here but in the ground I won't boo or abuse anyone. Because it'd be like someone turning up to my job and booing me, it is never gonna help.

The football Gods have given them this season to get some perspective. Hopefully they get turfed out by someone in the Quarters too.

Players receiving standing ovations happens at all grounds. Even Stevie Meeeeeee got a standing ovation at Stamford Bridge. And he is one of the most hated rival players I can think of.

Nothing worse than a team that thinks they have a divine right to win football matches.

Both Spanish Clubs are like that really. Barcelona are somehow entitled to have German tax-payers in indirectly contribute to Messi's wages. Real Madrid will sell half a toilet seat to the Spanish government for a billion pounds.

English rivalries aside I'd still rather have any of them win the Champions League over 'the big 2'. I wouldn't mind Bayern or Juventus winning it either.

PSG which is essentially back by a national economy to accumulate soft power for Qatar is another team I root against what with the human rights abuses that take place over there.

I even think the Spanish clubs are little similar too. With Barca essentially a Catalan national team and Real Madrid repeatedly bailed out by the Spanish Government. Only recently tax irregularities been looked into. They've been stacking the cards in their favour for the last 20 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      There is no way on earth Bale has been a flop at Real Madrid.

His goal return has exceeded what he's achieved at Spurs and he's won 11 trophies.

In reality, he is a more decisive player than Eden Hazard. He's just injury prone. Isco and Asensio will never get close to Bale numbers.

100% Real Madrid will have their white handkerchiefs out to Eden Hazard after about a month when runs to the edge of the box and stands stock still for 10 seconds and rolls it backwards.

They're the worst fans in sport.
      Isco in the 2nd half of last season was more influential than any period Bale has had in a Madrid shirt though.

Bale does bigger numbers because he takes more chances than Isco who is far more economical in possession of the ball.

If Chelsea get involved in any deal that involves Bale + £ for Hazard they'll have been had off. He doesn't hold that much value these days, guy can't go 10 games without getting injured. Welsh Kompany.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
        Isco in the 2nd half of last season was more influential than any period Bale has had in a Madrid shirt though.

Bale does bigger numbers because he takes more chances than Isco who is far more economical in possession of the ball.

If Chelsea get involved in any deal that involves Bale + £ for Hazard they'll have been had off. He doesn't hold that much value these days, guy can't go 10 games without getting injured. Welsh Kompany.
        The issues are definitely injuries. And their all muscular injuries too.

But in a one off game with two fully fit players. Bale is more likely to have a bigger impact on any given game than Eden Hazard.

There is economy of possession but there is also setting your full back on fire on bending it in the top corner. Something that Hazard can do but his natural kind of humbleness stops him. Bale is very direct. It's not like Chelsea are littered with great footballers anyway. Hazard would love to have some combination play with other players but really only Willian has the ability, and Cesc.

When Chelsea lose Hazard they have to replace his numbers and influence. Isco or Asensio aren't going to do it alone.

It's going to have to be someone like Bale and an actual striker. So two players essentially. Bale and Bellotti, Bale and Timo Werner. I dunno.

The other option in Marco Reus. Another player who is always injured.

In reality though. The second Chelsea sell Eden Hazard we become a lesser club regardless of replacements. Because he is unequivocally our best player.

If you sell your best player. You can't be the best club.
        Last edited by Sparked_26; 02-19-2018, 06:00 AM.

Comment

• I'd say that Timo Werner would fail at Chelsea.

We don't cater to any striker's play style. We are a club that, no matter what style of striker you are, if you don't play with back to goal and hold it up, you aren't playing or won't play very well.

Werner would suit Liverpool more than us.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            I'd say that Timo Werner would fail at Chelsea.

We don't cater to any striker's play style. We are a club that, no matter what style of striker you are, if you don't play with back to goal and hold it up, you aren't playing or won't play very well.

Werner would suit Liverpool more than us.
            I can just imagine him being golden boots winner at the World Cup. Flavour of the month territory.

Someone will buy him for bucks.

Comment

• Hehe City.

Yes!

Football. In punishes everyone at some stage.

Comment

• Wigan pushed City's **** in.. what a performance.. pep losing it on the touchline

Comment

• Nice to see a giant killing tbh.

Some of the prem teams have been embarrassing this year. Beaten in the tunnel.

Teams like Newport County, Rochdale, and Wigan have done a better job against Spurs and City than most of the prem. Shouldn't happen.

It's poor management. Pure and simple.

Comment

• love it. most enjoyable monday night of the season. to see pep losing it was gold. if the wigan manager wasnt a midget surely he woulda sparked the kunt

Comment

• I wonder if that is the catalyst everyone has been looking for in regards to the wheels coming off at City.

Comment

Working...
                      X