No announcement yet.

Workouts for the weaklings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workouts for the weaklings

Here's the deal, I'm a hard worker, my determinations off the charts, and no matter how hard the challange I'll always keep trying 'till I win.

The problem... I can hardly run for a few seconds without almost passing out, or do an olympic workout on a punching bag before I get winded a little bit after I start. I have no abs or muscle, and no stamina what so ever.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not like one of those big fat dudes who can't go up the steps without getting winded. On the contrary, I'm very thin with almost no bodyfat. I almost look like a spaghetti noodle: Thin and limp...

But I'm willing to muscle through any exercise given to me, but since I have no boxing gyms around where I live I can't get propper training, and this is my next to last chance on possibly becoming professional. You tell me to do 100 push ups? I'll get down in front of the computer and do them. Run 10 miles? No problem, I'll be right back. I need to make myself strong, so I'm willing to take up any routine you tell me to do for how long you want me to do it.

As for my resources, I have a punching bag (80lbs.) a speed bag (Large) and a jump rope.

As for my body, I'm around 145 lbs. on an empty stomach. My reach is 180cm. from fingertip to fingertip, and I'm also 6ft. tall.

As for my prefered "Style" and stance, I want to copy Thomas Hearns, with the Hitman Style and the Flicker Jab. I know it's advanced for someone like me, but I feel comfortable with it because of my reach.

So at the risk of sounding dramatic, (or like a total idiot)... Where should I start?

at a boxing gym. I'm sorry but its the only way.

look up online, find a gym and make it happen. move if you have to.

you can only get to being a pro one way and that is by training at a boxing gym.

Comment

Originally posted by Righthandbanger View Post
      at a boxing gym. I'm sorry but its the only way.

look up online, find a gym and make it happen. move if you have to.

you can only get to being a pro one way and that is by training at a boxing gym.
      This is true, but it couldn't hurt too bad to check out some videos online and work on getting fit. Odds are if you pick up any punching and etc online you'll do it wrong and a gym will have to fix it anyway.

Comment

Oh yeah... One more thing I forgot to mention.

I'm 16.

And I have no boxing gyms to go to that ain't 50 miles away from where I live.

Add the fact that I don't have any money and I'm in a pretty bad situation.

Now my family's moving to Flordia within the year, so maybe I can just work on getting used to the workout routines and diets before I go pro.

Comment

Originally posted by The Stretch View Post
          Oh yeah... One more thing I forgot to mention.

I'm 16.

And I have no boxing gyms to go to that ain't 50 miles away from where I live.

Add the fact that I don't have any money and I'm in a pretty bad situation.

Now my family's moving to Flordia within the year, so maybe I can just work on getting used to the workout routines and diets before I go pro.
          You'll find alot of guys at the gym that don't have any money and are in bad situations.

50miles away, you got a bus pass? How fast can you jog? get a bike...

Just kidding (well except for the bus pass thing) you can afford a boxing gym membership, they're usually very reasonable, and you're sixteen, you can get a partime job.

Look for routines online, and commit. When you move to florida, maybe you'll find a gym there.

Comment

Originally posted by The Stretch View Post
            Here's the deal, I'm a hard worker, my determinations off the charts, and no matter how hard the challange I'll always keep trying 'till I win.

The problem... I can hardly run for a few seconds without almost passing out, or do an olympic workout on a punching bag before I get winded a little bit after I start. I have no abs or muscle, and no stamina what so ever.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not like one of those big fat dudes who can't go up the steps without getting winded. On the contrary, I'm very thin with almost no bodyfat. I almost look like a spaghetti noodle: Thin and limp...

But I'm willing to muscle through any exercise given to me, but since I have no boxing gyms around where I live I can't get propper training, and this is my next to last chance on possibly becoming professional. You tell me to do 100 push ups? I'll get down in front of the computer and do them. Run 10 miles? No problem, I'll be right back. I need to make myself strong, so I'm willing to take up any routine you tell me to do for how long you want me to do it.

As for my resources, I have a punching bag (80lbs.) a speed bag (Large) and a jump rope.

As for my body, I'm around 145 lbs. on an empty stomach. My reach is 180cm. from fingertip to fingertip, and I'm also 6ft. tall.

As for my prefered "Style" and stance, I want to copy Thomas Hearns, with the Hitman Style and the Flicker Jab. I know it's advanced for someone like me, but I feel comfortable with it because of my reach.

So at the risk of sounding dramatic, (or like a total idiot)... Where should I start?
            My routine would be, jog 10 miles, walk 5 miles, jog/run 10 miles, skip rope for 25 miles, and then sign the membership to the gym thats 50 miles away.

All joking aside, dig through the archives of this forum theres lots of good stuff, check out you tube videos, theres probably one specifically for Tommy Hearns jab, work out, get a part time job, be successful in school, see if the YMCA or the Boys and Girls club have any kind of boxing class.

Also check with your city, theres a crazy drunk in every town that was a golden gloves boxer at one point.
            Last edited by DIB42; 07-04-2010, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Try real hard to access a boxing gym. That's the only way you're going to learn boxing.

As for general fitness, do some running of course to build up stamina. Increase distance everyday until you can handle 3-5 miles. Do some strength training to... well, build up your strength. A great routine is this:

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224
              (it takes a while to learn proper technique on lifts)

Also eat moar (healthy foods like milk) and over your BMR to pack on some weight and muscle.

Comment

I just started boxing today in a PAL ( Police Atletic League) boxing league, the prices range from 0- 75 a year in NYC, don't know where you live but most states have a PAL league so research them in your area. Next don't say how determined or tough you are because it makes you sound cocky. Good luck on finding a gym.

Comment

HaHA! I have already seen the great thing!!!

Comment

get to a gym........

Comment

Working...
                    X