Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else agrees Abner Mares vs. Ponce De leon is the perfect Co-Main Event for May 4

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who else agrees Abner Mares vs. Ponce De leon is the perfect Co-Main Event for May 4

I think this is the perfect Co-Main Event for the Mayweather-Guerrero card. Two Mexican fighters on Cinco de Mayo and both stylistically guarantee a great action fight and a more exciting style for the casual fan than Canelo-Trout is.

IMO the May 4th card will shape up to be like this

Mayweather-Guerrero as the main event

Mares-De leon as the co-main event

Adrien Broner vs tba (Haymon will make this happen to showcase Broner to Mayweather's huge fanbase and give him great exposure)

The opening bout will be one of Floyd's boys from TMT either J'Leon Love or Ishe Smith as the openeing bout of the telecast.

I agree. You can't forget its a Mexican holiday and as the card stands now there are no Mexican born fighters on it.

The TMT boys don't need to be on the PPV card. Get those out of the way first. Then the PPV card should be:

Mayweather/Guerrero
    Mares/Ponce De Leon
    Santa Cruz/Moreno

Comment

Definitely makes sense and would be awesome. DeLeon has been on a few Mayweather card's too.

Santa Cruz is already confirmed for the card possibly against Anselmo Moreno.

Long shot but perhaps one of the fights being played with Alexander-Brook, Matthysee-Peterson or Lopez-Maidana could be featured.

Devon was on an undercard recently and Brook would bring UK fans over. And Devon could be a future opponent.

There's lots of options now and I don't think it's a coincidence Trout-Canelo took that date.

Comment

I'm no too excited about this fight. Ponce De leon has been disappointing lately and Mares is too small to make it interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          I agree. You can't forget its a Mexican holiday and as the card stands now there are no Mexican born fighters on it.

The TMT boys don't need to be on the PPV card. Get those out of the way first. Then the PPV card should be:

Mayweather/Guerrero
          Mares/Ponce De Leon
          Santa Cruz/Moreno
          Great card. For some reason I have a feeling Santa Cruz will be on CBS kinda like what UFC does with The free undercards.

Comment

mares/ponce de leon has already been rescheduled for may 18.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsTrue View Post
              Great card. For some reason I have a feeling Santa Cruz will be on CBS kinda like what UFC does with The free undercards.
              If he fights a no name yes but not if he fights Moreno.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post

Mayweather/Guerrero
                Mares/Ponce De Leon
                Santa Cruz/Moreno
                That's not a possibility, is it???

Comment

Originally posted by Big_L View Post
                  source????

Comment

Originally posted by Big_L View Post
                    Richard Schafer say's May 18th isn't set and the door is open for when that fight is happening.

Comment

Working...
                    X