Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wladamir Klitschko turns 37 this month....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well look at Vitali, he fought until 40 without slowing down.

Wlad can easily go on another 3 years. He will clean out the HW division of what's left and retire in a few years.

Comment

I hope he stay prime for three more years at least and then retire before his level go down..if somebody beat him I want to see to strong boxers..

Comment

It'll be a sad day for me when he retires. Easily my favorite fighter to watch nowadays.

Comment

Hes worked hard to get to this point in ability, so he should milk what he has left for a couple more years or so and then retire when he has cemented his legacy a little more.

He has reached a point where he is not some joke of a figure and is really appreciated. So he can solidify that a little more to justify the acclaim so to speak and then ride out into the sunset, but most dont do that fairytale ending but maybe Wlad can.
          He will be missed though hes been around a while and im quite nostalgic.

Comment

I fully expect that he'll maintain his physical prime for another 3+ years until age 39-40 like Vitali did considering his genetics and the phenominal shape he keeps himself in year round. If/when he does start slowing down his boxing style and fundamentals don't rely as much on reflexes like Vitali and should minimize the impact. Vitali's always been an arm puncher and his constant knee, back, shoulder injuries is what took away some of his power, that isn't common for aging fighters.

Comment

No one is at their physical prime at age 37-40, they start to decline physically from 30 onwards. He has just honed his skills to such a level and fought people who aren't really that good thats why we think he hasn't slipped. He does not rely much on lightning quick feet and reflexes to the level of say an Ali/Roy Jones Jr. His fundamentals are amazing and he seems to always be motivated to get/stay in shape so I can see him dominating till hes 40 at least then he'll probably retire.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                Just made me thinking - I will really miss him once he retires.
                But at least all the trash people are saying about him will go down.

Some time will pass till we get another ATG HW.

I think he can be at this level for another year or so. He will be the champion till he retires.
                Don't fret. He'll get the respect he deserves once retired - like Lennox.

Comment

Working...
                X