No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Igarashi-Yaegashi, Yamanaka-Tunacao WBC Triple

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Igarashi-Yaegashi, Yamanaka-Tunacao WBC Triple

A championship tripleheader is going to take place on April 8th at a venue to be determined in Tokyo. Teiken Promotions is staging the show. The flyweight champion of the World Boxing Council, former Olympian Toshiyuki Igarashi (17-1-1, 10 KOs) will face the former champion Akira Yaegashi (16-3, 9 KOs).

On the samer card, undefeated WBC bantamweight champion Shinsuke Yamanaka (17-0-2, 12 KOs) will face Filipino challenger Malcolm Tunacao (32-2-3, 20 KOs). Also on the card, Gamaliel Diaz (37-9-2, 17KOs) will defend his WBC super featherweight title against Takashi Miura (24-2-2, 18KOs). [Click Here To Read More]

Good stuff, Tunacao getting a shot again

Comment

I would love to see Yamanaka vs Santa Cruz. Here's to wishful thinking.

Comment

3 xcelent bouts...other promoters note: it can be done & the fans are the winners..

Comment

Japan putting on big and fantastic fights

Comment

wow thats a dang good card. This is why I love Japanese Boxing right now, we're getting great cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
              wow thats a dang good card. This is why I love Japanese Boxing right now, we're getting great cards.
              I know, that one right before the new year was just fantastic

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                I know, that one right before the new year was just fantastic
                The only thing we're missing is Televised fights in the USA. Even if it was an IPPV thing for 5$ a month I'd do it. Finding brazilian streams is getting old.

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
                  The only thing we're missing is Televised fights in the USA. Even if it was an IPPV thing for 5$ a month I'd do it. Finding brazilian streams is getting old.
                  True, I used some keyhole thing for the Ioka unification in the summer and it was just horrible

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                    True, I used some keyhole thing for the Ioka unification in the summer and it was just horrible
                    What I don't understand his how much would broadcasting really cost? AXS TV had deals in place for MMA and kickboxing but never just boxing. It kinda blew my mind that they didn't pick up on it. Although I suppose when they were HDNet boxing wasn't as popular as it seems to be picking up steam again now.

Comment

Working...
                    X